Dr Katarzyna Granat
Junior Research Fellow
|Junior Research Fellow in the Durham Law School||PCL208|
Katarzyna Granat is a Junior Research Fellow and a Marie Curie Fellow at Durham University Law School. Prior to this position Katarzyna was 2014-2015 Emile Noël Fellow at the New York University Jean Monnet Centre. She completed her PhD at the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence. She also holds an LLM (EUI) and a master degree in law from Warsaw University. In addition she has interned at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg (chambers of Judge M. Safjan), at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, as well as in public institutions and private practice in Warsaw and Berlin. Her research interests lie in the fields of EU law and legislative process, parliamentary studies and comparative constitutional law.
- EU law
- Legislative Process
- Parliamentary Studies
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Durham European Law Institute
- Granat, Miroslaw & Granat, Katarzyna (2019). The Constitution of Poland. A Contextual Analysis. Hart Publishing.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2018). The Principle of Subsidiarity and its Enforcement in the EU Legal Order: The Role of National Parliaments in the Early Warning System. London: Hart Publishing.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2016). Publication Review of Diane Fromage, Les Parlements dans L'Union Europeenne apres le Traite de Lisbonne: La participation des parlements allemands, britanniques, espagnols, français et italiens (L' Harmattan, 2015) by Katarzyna Granat. European Law Review 41(6): 947-950.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2014). Review of the book 'The Tangled Complexity of the EU Constitutional Process: The Frustrating Knot of Europe' By Giuseppe Martinico. London Routledge, 2012. XIV + 195 pp. Hb. £80.00. European Law Journal 20(2): 284-286.
Chapter in book
- Granat, Katarzyna (2019). The Future of Poland’s Second Chamber: Is the Senate Still Needed? In Constitutional Reform of National Legislatures: Bicameralism Under Pressure. Albert, Richard, Baraggia, Antonia & Fassone, Cristina Edward Elgar.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2018). Subsidiarity as a Principle of EU Governance. In Globalisation and Governance: International Problems, European Solutions. Schuetze, Robert Cambridge Cambridge University Press. 273-304.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2017). National Parliaments as Political Safeguards of Federalism: Interparliamentary Cooperation in the EU, the US, and Switzerland. In National Parliaments after the Lisbon Treaty and the Euro Crisis. Resilience or Resignation?. Jancic, Davor Oxford: Oxford University Press. 263-280.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2017). Like Two Peas in a Pod? The Functioning of the Early Warning Mechanism in the Czech Republic and Poland. In National and Regional Parliaments in the EU-legislative Procedure post-Lisbon: The Impact of the Early Warning Mechanism. Jonsson Cornell, Anna & Goldoni, Marco Oxford: Hart Publishing. 313-333.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2016). Interparliamentary Cooperation and the Simplified Revision Procedures. In Interparliamentary Cooperation in the Composite European Constitution. Lupo, Nicola & Fasone, Cristina Oxford: Hart Publishing. 73-92.
- Héritier, Adrienne, Moury, Catherine & Granat, Katarzyna (2016). The Contest for Power in Delegated Legislation. In Rule-making by the European Commission: the New System for Delegation of Powers. Bergström, Carl Fredrik & Ritleng, Dominique Oxford: Oxford University Press. 105-132.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2013). Institutional Design of Member States for Ex Post Subsidiarity Scrutiny. In Democracy and Subsidiarity in the EU. National Parliaments, Regions and Civil Society in the Decision-Making Process. Cartabia, Marta, Lupo, Nicola & Simoncini, Andrea Il Mulino. 421-445.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2018). Political and Legal Enforcement of the Rule of Law in Poland. Quaderni Costituzionali 38(4): 924-927.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2015). Approval of Article 136 TFEU Amendment in Poland: The Perspective of the Constitutional Court on Eurozone Crisis Law. European Public Law 21(1): 33-46.
- Fabbrini, Federico & Granat, Katarzyna (2013). "Yellow Card, but no Foul": the Role of the National Parliaments under the Subsidiarity Protocol and the Commission Proposal for an EU Regulation on the Right to Strike. Common Market Law Review 50(1): 115-143.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2013). Kontrolle des EU-Sekundärrechts durch den polnischen Verfassungsgerichtshof -Anmerkung zum Beschluss des polnischen Verfassungsgerichtshofs vom 16. November 2011, SK 45/09. Europarecht Zeitschrift (2): 205-214.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2012). «Yellow Card» for the Commission Proposal on the Right to Take Collective Action. Quaderni costituzionali (4): 897-900.
- Granat, Katarzyna (2014). Report on the Adoption and Implementation of Euro-crisis Law in Poland.