Dr Adrian Euler
Associate Professor (Teaching) of Finance
Hon. BSc, Hon. ARCS, MSc, D.I.Sc, PhD, PGCHE, SFHEA, FRSA, AHECEE, CMgr FCMI, CMBE
|Associate Professor (Teaching) of Finance in the Business School|
Dr Adrian Euler, Associate Professor (teaching) of Finance - Durham University Business School, is a finance theorist and practitioner with extensive experience in industry and HE practice - teaching, scholarship, innovation, administration, and leadership. His areas of expertise are in finance, mathematical finance, computational finance, and financial trading. His areas of quantitative research are in stochastic finance with asset price prediction and financial trading focus. Adrian’s teaching portfolio at DUBS includes Financial Theory and Corporate Policy, Derivative Markets, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Technology, Advanced Financial Theory, and Quantitative Methods in Finance. Adrian serves as Chair of Economics and Finance Board of Examiners UG.
Teaching since 2001, he held similar roles at Newcastle University, Coventry University, Bayes Business School - City University of London, to name a few, where he led finance, financial management, financial trading, and computational finance modules; supervised dissertations across UG and PG programme with a teaching track record of excellence. His remits included programme, senior project management, administrative, academic management and leadership. He served as Dean of Academic Affairs for the London campus of the Newcastle University and was a member of the executive board for the campus.
His early industry involvement was noted on a award winning industrial optical fibre engineering package, applications of scientific numerical methods, algorithmic modelling, banking operating risk system development, financial software development, and technology levered management. He has previously represented various companies in international trade. Adrian’s industry roles have ranged from software engineer, consultant, senior trainer, lead software developer and senior project manager.
Adrian’s former education includes a PhD in Finance (Coventry), CMIC in Management and Leadership (CMI), PGC in Higher Education (Coventry), MSc & D.I.Sc in Semiconductor Science and Technology (Imperial), Hons BSc & ARCS in Physics (Imperial and Royal College of Science). He is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy, Chartered Manager and Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMgr FCMI), and Certified Management and Business Educator from the Chartered Association of Business Schools (CMBE). He has completed the AHEC for External Examiners and serves as module and programme external examiner.
Adrian’s areas of expertise:
- mathematical methods in finance / stochastic finance
- numerical recipes / computational finance (VBA/VB/Matlab/C/C++/Python /Java/ C#)
- financial derivatives / structured products
- asset pricing / portfolio management / financial risk management
- valuation of securities: equity / fixed income /fx /commodities/ funds
- corporate finance / financial management
- international finance / global finance
- financial modelling / econometrics
- business requirements modelling
- central banking / investment banking
- financial trading / algorithmic trading / simulation
- financial software engineering
- investment and wealth management
- project management / business process management (Oracle EBS / ARIS)
- business intelligence solutions / EAI/ERP & business intelligence corporate strategy
- artificial intelligence / knowledge based engineering
- entrepreneurship and IT / corporate governance
Dr Adrian Euler, Associate Professor (teaching) of Finance and Chair of EconFin BoE UG - Durham University Business School, is a finance theorist and practitioner with extensive experience in industry and HE practice - teaching, scholarship, innovation, administration, and leadership.
- Stochastic Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Computational Finance
- Financial and Algorithmic Trading
- Quantitative Research in Financial Economics (QRFE)
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.