|Associate Professor in Economics in the Business School||MHL 146||+44 (0) 191 33 46335|
Dr Daniel Li joined Durham University Business School in September 2011. Daniel’s research interests are incentive theory, industrial organization and economic development. His current research focuses mainly on sequential search within a finite horizon, and information disclosure in auctions.
Daniel received his DPhil degree in economics from University of Oxford in 2012. He also had extensive research experiences in international organizations and research institutes, such as World Bank and Peking University.
Dr Daniel Li joined Durham University Business School in September 2011. Daniel’s research interests are incentive theory, industrial organization and economic development.
- Incentive Theory
- Industrial Organisation
- Economic Development
- Chinese Economy
- Lee, J. & Li, D. (2022). Sequential Search with Adaptive Intensity. International Economic Review 63(2): 803-829.
- Lee, J. & Li, D.Z. (2019). Participation and Welfare in Auctions with Default. Economics Letters 183: 108620.
- Li, Daniel Z; & Minbo, Xu (2019). Equilibrium Competition, Social Welfare and Corruption in Procurement Auctions. Social Choice and Welfare 53(3): 443-465.
- Li, D. Z. & Zhang, Q. (2018). Policy Choice and Economic Growth under Factional Politics:Evidence from a Chinese Province. China Economic Review 47: 12-26.
- Li, D.Z. (2017). Ranking Equilibrium Competition in Auctions with Participation Costs. Economics Letters 153: 47-50.
- Li, Daniel Z. (2016). Disclosure or not, when there are three bidders? Economics Bulletin 36(1): 349-354.
- Zhiyun Li, D. (2013). Revealing Product Information to Bidders with Differentiated Preferences. Economics Bulletin 33(3): 2235-2244.
- Zhiyun Li, D. (2012). Seller cheap talk in almost common-value auctions. B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics 12(1): 8.
- Zhiyun Li, D. (2010). Regulating Risk-averse Producers: The Case of Complementary Products. Economics Letters 106(3): 230-233.
- Yifu Lin, J. & Zhiyun Li, D. (2008). Policy Burden, Privatization and the Soft Budget Constraint. Journal of Comparative Economics 36(1): 90-102.
- Yifu Lin, J. & Zhiyun Li, D. (2008). Endogenous Institution Formation under Catching-up Strategy in Developing Countries.
- Lee, Joosung & Li, Daniel Z. (2018). Sequential Search Auctions with a Deadline. 3.
- Li, Daniel & Xu, Minbo (2017). Equilibrium competition, social welfare and corruption in procurement auctions. 04.
- Li, Daniel & Jewitt, Ian (2017). Cheap talk advertising in auctions horizontally vs vertically differentiated products. 03.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.