Dr Felix Irresberger
Associate Professor in Finance
PhD in Finance, MSc in Statistics, BSc/MSc in Mathematics
|Associate Professor in Finance in the Business School|
Felix was educated in Germany and holds degrees in mathematics and statistics as well as a PhD in finance. Prior to joining Durham University in July 2020, he held positions at Leeds University Business School and Cardiff Business School. Felix has a keen interest in global scholarship and regularly visits and collaborates with colleagues from the U.S., Europe, and China.
His research broadly covers the areas of banking and blockchain technology. Felix studies topics such as systemic risk, regulation, and risk management of banks, and how banks interact with households and FinTech companies. In blockchain economics, Felix is working in issues such as decentralization, consensus protocols, adoption and innovation.
Felix joined Durham University Business School in July 2020 as Associate Professor in Finance. His main research areas are banking and the economics of blockchain and other financial technologies.
- Risk Management
- Bostandzic, Denefa Irresberger, Felix Juelsrud, Ragnar Enger & Weiss, Gregor N.F. (Accepted). "Do Capital Requirements Make Banks Safer? Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Experiment. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Bostandzic, Denefa, Irresberger, Felix, Juelsrud, Ragnar E. & Weiss, Gregor N.F. (2021). Do Capital Requirements Make Banks Safer? Evidence from a Quasi-natural Experiment. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Berger, Allen N. Irresberger, Felix & Roman, Raluca A. (2020). Bank Size and Household Financial Sentiment: Surprising Evidence from University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 52(S1): 149-191.
- Supper, Hendrik Irresberger, Felix & Weiss, Gregor N.F. (2020). A Comparison of Tail Dependence Estimators. European Journal of Operational Research 284(2): 728-742.
- Irresberger, Felix Weiß, Gregor N.F. Gabrysch, Janet & Gabrysch, Sandra (2018). Liquidity Tail Risk and Credit Default Swap Spreads. European Journal of Operational Research 269(3): 1137-1153.
- Bücher, Axel, Irresberger, Felix & Weiss, Gregor N. F. (2017). Testing Asymmetry in Dependence with Copula-Coskewness. North American Actuarial Journal 21(2): 267-280.
- Irresberger, Felix, Bierth, Christopher & Weiß, Gregor N.F. (2017). Size is everything: Explaining SIFI designations. Review of Financial Economics 32(1): 7-19.
- Pelster, Matthias, Irresberger, Felix & Weiß, Gregor N.F. (2018). Bank stock performance and bank regulation around the globe. The European Journal of Finance 24(2): 77-113.
- Irresberger, Felix, Konig, Fee Elisabeth & Weiß, Gregor N.F. (2017). Crisis Sentiment in the U.S. Insurance Sector. Journal of Risk and Insurance 84(4): 1295-1330.
- Irresberger, Felix, Mühlnickel, Janina & Weiß, Gregor N. F. (2015). Explaining bank stock performance with crisis sentiment. Journal of Banking and Finance 59: 311-329.
- Weiß, Gregor N.F. Bierth, Christopher & Irresberger, Felix (2015). Systemic Risk of Insurers Around the Globe. Journal of Banking and Finance 55: 232-245.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.