|Professor in Management in the Business School||MHL 414||+44 (0) 191 33 46372|
Julie is a leading expert on change in organizations, particularly the role and impact of people during transformations. She joined the Business School in 2006. Before entering the academic world Julie worked as a business consultant for over 20 years in several profit and non-profit organizations, including PwC. At PwC Julie was responsible for organizational change and management development in a number of companies include Barclays, Shell, BBC, Lloyds, Reuters. Julie has also worked with Vertex where she set up and led a commercial consultancy team. Her first role was with the British Council where she was the Development Consultancy for East Asia.
Julie has published in a number of international journals on change in organisations. She is the author of several books including ‘Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change’, ‘ Managing and Leading People through Change’ (Kogan Page); Sustaining Change in Organizations(Sage) and ‘Employee Engagement for Organizational Change’ (Routledge) and ‘Organization Development: how organizations change and develop effectively’ (Palgrave McMillan). Her latest book is ‘Reshaping the HR: the role of HR in organizational change’.
Julie is a Principal Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Academic Fellow of the ICMCI (International Council of Management Consulting Institutes)and a Senior Fellow of the Foundation for Management Education (FME). She is also a member of the editorial board of the ‘Management Consulting’ journal.
- Engagement of employees with organizational change
- Impact of organizational change on people
- Sustaining change in organisations
- Hodges, J & Crabtree, M (2021). Reshaping HR: The role of HR in Organizational Change. Routledge.
- Hodges, J (2021). Managing and Leading People through Organizational Change: the theory and practice of sustaining change through people. Kogan Page.
- Hodges, Julie & Crabtree, Mark (2020). Reshaping HR: The Role of HR in Organizational Change. Routledge.
- Hodges, Julie (2020). Organization Development How Organizations Change and Develop Effectively. London: Palgrave McMillan/Red Globe Press. Red Globe Press.
- Hodges, J (2018). Employee Engagement for Organizational Change: The Theory and Practice of Stakeholder Engegement. London: Routledge.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Consultancy, Organizational Development and Change: A Practical Guide to Delivering Value. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. (2016). Managing and Leading People Through Organizational Change: the theory and practice of sustaining change through people. London: Kogan Page.
- Hodges, J. & Gill, R. (2015). Sustaining Change in Organizations. London: Sage.
- Howieson, B. & Hodges, J. (2014). Public and Third Sector Leadership: Experience Speaks. London: Emerald.
Chapter in book
- Hodges, J. (2017). To be or not to be an internal consultant. In Management Consultancy Insights and Real Consultancy Projects. Manville, G. & Matthias, O. Abingdon: Routledge. 65-74.
- Hodges, J. (2011). The role of the CEO and leadership branding - credibility not celebrity. In Corporate Reputation: Managing Opportunities and Threats. Burke, R., Martin, G. & Cooper, C. Gower. 181-198.
- Hodges, Julie (2021). A Framework for Consulting. Management Consulting Journal 4(2): MCJ0037, 52-55.
- Hodges, Julie (2021). Engaging Employees with Organizational Change. Journal of Financial Transformation 52: 68-75.
- Hodges, J. (2018). Consulting Capabilities for Organisational Change. Management Consulting Journal 1(1): 5-6.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Cracking the walls of leadership: women in Saudi Arabia. Gender in Management: an International Journal 32(1): 34-46.
- Hodges, J. & Howieson, B. (2017). The challenges of leadership in the third sector. European Management Journal 35(1): 69-77.
- Hodges, J. (2017). Building capabilities for change: the crucial role of resilience. Development and Learning in Organizations 31(1): 5-8.
- Hodges, J. (2012). The transition of midlife women from organisational into self‐employment. Gender in management: an international journal 27(3): 186-201.
- Hodges, J. & Martin, G. (2012). Can leadership branding work in theory and practice to resolve the integration-responsiveness problems facing multinational enterprises? International Journal of Human Resource Management 23(18): 3794-3812.
- Ashurst, C. & Hodges, J. (2010). Exploring Business Transformation: The Challenges of Developing a Benefits Realization Capability. Journal of Change Management 10(2): 217-237.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.