Dr Yingchao (Jane) Zhang
Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management
|Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management in the Business School|
|Associate Fellow in the Institute of Advanced Study|
Dr Yingchao (Jane) Zhang is an Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management at the Durham University Business School since 2020.
A Personnel economist, Jane’s interests lie in the application of economic and mathematical approaches and econometric and statistical methods to traditional questions in human resources management. Her original PhD work in Vienna was an investigation of the influence of information settings on preference and behaviour in this area. In respect of the latter, Jane is currently focusing on data-driven human resource analytics and decision-making analysis, especially compensation and its relation to worker motivation, selection, and teamwork.
She has a broad interest in big data and people analytics, collaborating with a range of academic partners around the world. Her work regularly appears highly ranked international journals, such as Theory and Decision, International Journal of Corporate Governance and Central European Journal of Operation Research. Jane continues to work with institutions around the world on various projects, collaborating with colleagues from institutions ranging from University of Chicago and the Oregon State University in US, through to UCL (UK), University of Vienna (Austria), RWTH Rachen University (Germany), Fudan University (China), and Shanghai Business School (China).
Jane also belongs to a number of professional bodies, such as the Academy of Management, European Academy of Management and The Econometric Society.
Dr. Zhang is an Assistant Professor in Human Resource Management at Durham University Business School. She has received her PhD from University of Vienna. she was a research associate within Department of Economics at University of Chicago in 2019. Prior to joining Durham University, she worked as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Business Decisions and Analytics at University of Vienna.
- Human Resource Analytics
- Corporate Governance and Performance Management
- Compensation and Worker Motivation, Selection, and Teamwork
- Data Driven Decision Analysis
- Behavioral Economics
- Gao, X., Gu, J. & Zhang, Y. (2021). Option Informativeness Before Earnings Announcements and Under Real Activity Manipulation. Pacific Accounting Review 33(3): 361-375.
- Zhang, Y., Gao, X. & Niu, S. (2021). Choice of Information Learning: Evidence from Revisiting Price Discovery during the 2006 Dual Listing Craze in China. Theoretical Economics Letters
- Elston, Julie Ann & Zhang, Yingchao (2016). The dynamic role of state governance in executive compensation in China. International Journal of Corporate Governance 7(3): 223-246.
- Zhang, Yingchao, Fabel, Oliver & Thomann, Christian (2015). Pay inequity effects on back-office employees’ job performances: the case of a large insurance firm. Central European Journal of Operations Research 23(2): 421-439.
- Graf, Christoph, Vetschera, Rudolf & Zhang, Yingchao (2013). Parameters of social preference functions: measurement and external validity. Theory and Decision 74(3): 357-382.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.