|Associate Professor in Economics in the Business School||MHL 382|
Mauro joined Durham Business School in August 2018. He was previously Senior Lecturer in Macroeconomic Theory at the Department of Economics and Related Studies of the University of York. He is also a Junior Research Affiliate at the Institut d’Analisi Economica, Barcelona GSE.
In 2007, he earned a PhD in Economics from the European University Institute (Italy), and then held a research fellowship in macroeconomics at the Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium). Later he was Professor Assistant at the Center of Economic Research at ETH Zurich (Switzerland).
In 2008, Mauro’s doctorate thesis was awarded with the Graduate Prize for the Best PhD Thesis from the Italian Association of Applied Mathematics to Economics and Social Sciences.
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Endogenous Growth and Endogenous Fluctuations
- Habit Formation
- Behavioural Economics (Reference Dependent Preferences)
- Bambi, Mauro & Venditti, Alain (2021). Time‐varying consumption tax, productive government spending, and aggregate instability. International Journal of Economic Theory 17(2): 190-215.
- Bambi, Mauro & Eugeni, Sara (2021). Nominal exchange rate determination and dynamics in an OLG framework. Economic Theory 72: 93-132.
- Bambi, Mauro & Gozzi, Fausto (2020). Internal habits formation and optimality. Journal of Mathematical Economics 91: 165-172.
- Bambi, M., Di Girolami, C., Federico, S. & Gozzi, F. (2017). Generically distributed investments on flexible projects and endogenous growth. Economic Theory 63(2): 521-558.
- Augeraud-Veron, E., Bambi, M. & Gozzi, F. (2017). Solving Internal Habit Formation Models Through Dynamic Programming in Infinite Dimension. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 173(2): 584-611.
- Augeraud-Veron, Emmanuelle & Bambi, Mauro (2015). Endogenous growth with addictive habits. Journal of Mathematical Economics 56: 15-25.
- Bambi, M. (2015). Time-to-build and the capital structure. Economics Letters 137: 222-225.
- Bambi, M. & Gori, Franco (2014). Unifying Time-to-build theory. Macroeconomic Dynamics 18(08): 1713-1725.
- Bambi, M., Gozzi, F. & Licandro, O. (2014). Endogenous growth and wave-like business fluctuations. Journal of Economic Theory 154: 68-111.
- Bambi, M., Fabbri, G. & Gozzi, F. (2012). Optimal policy and consumption smoothing effects in the time-to-build AK model. Economic Theory 50(3): 635-669.
- Bambi, M. (2008). Endogenous growth and time-to-build: The AK case. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 32(4): 1015-1040.