Proposing an Exhibition
We welcome proposals by individuals and groups to create exhibitions at our museum and gallery venues.
What do you need to know?
- All exhibitions must demonstrate a clear link to our collections and/or Durham University teaching or research
- Most exhibitions benefit from a one to two-year lead in time
- Our exhibition schedules are confirmed up two to three years in advance for all our venues, with each exhibition running between 12 and 24 weeks
- Our team of curators are established experts in their fields and will work with you to ensure your exhibition is both professional and accessible
- We can assist with developing marketing and events programmes as well as creation of the exhibition itself
- You cannot hire our exhibition spaces to put on your own exhibition without input from our team of curators.
Get in touch
The best way to get started is to speak to one of our experienced curators.
All exhibition proposals are considered by a Programming Panel whose role is to ensure a balanced schedule across all our venues. Please download our Exhibition Proposal Form.
For non-exhibition opportunities for artists and creatives, visit our Opportunities for Creatives page.
Email Dr Craig Barclay, Head of Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions. If you can attach a first draft proposal to your email, it will help Dr Barclay to match you up with the right member of our team.
Art exhibitions at the Botanic Garden
Exhibitions of work by a range of artists is exhibited in the Visitor Centre of the Botanic Garden throughout the year.
If you are interested in exhibiting work of your own, please contact the Retail Office by calling +44 (0)191 334 9357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.