Associate Professor in Strategy and Innovation Angelo Solarino
Associate Professor in Strategy and Innovation
|Associate Professor in Strategy and Innovation in the Business School|
I specialise in corporate governance and international business. In my research, I examine how board structure and dynamics influence firm strategy and innovation, how the relationship among multiple large shareholders shapes firm outcomes, how companies can perform better in the international markets and where they should locate and structure they innovation activities. With my research, I aim to improve the governance of the firm and create more competitive firms.
I am also interested in research methodology. I am to improve how scholars and practitioners do research to generate more robust findings.
My work has been published in top international journals including Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, Journal of Management Studies, Corporate Governance: An International Review, and Asia Pacific Journal of Management.
With my research, I aim to improve the governance of the firm and create more competitive firms.
- Corporate Governance
- Research Methods
- International Business
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Marketing and International Business
- Solarino, A.M. & Boyd, B.K. (2023). Board of Director Effectiveness and Informal Institutions: A Meta-analysis. Global Strategy Journal 13(1): 58-89.
- Solarino, A.M. & Buckley, P. (2022). Equivalence in International Business Research: A Three-step approach. Journal of International Business Studies
- D’Angelo, Valentino, Amore, Mario Daniele, Minichilli, Alessandro, Chen, Kelly Xing & Solarino, Angelo Maria (2022). Family Agents. Journal of Family Business Strategy
- Solarino, Angelo M. & Aguinis, Herman (2021). Challenges and Best-practice Recommendations for Designing and Conducting Interviews with Elite Informants. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES 58(3): 649-672.
- Solarino, Angelo M. & Boyd, Brian K. (2020). Are all forms of ownership prone to tunneling? A meta-analysis. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE-AN INTERNATIONAL REVIEW 28(6): 488-501.
- Aguinis, Herman & Solarino, Angelo M. (2019). Transparency and replicability in qualitative research: The case of interviews with elite informants. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT JOURNAL 40(8): 1291-1315.
- Bai, Tao, Du, Jialin & Solarino, Angelo M. (2018). Performance of foreign subsidiaries ``in'' and ``from'' Asia: A review, synthesis and research agenda. ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT 35(3): 607-638.
- Boyd, Brian K., Gove, Steve & Solarino, Angelo M. (2017). Methodological rigor of corporate governance studies: A review and recommendations for future studies. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE-AN INTERNATIONAL REVIEW 25(6, SI): 384-396.
- Walsh, J. & Solarino, A. M. (2016). Commitments and Appeals to Make a Better "World: The Global Compact, Laudato Si’ and our Future. JOURNAL OF CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
- Boyd, Brian K. & Solarino, Angelo M. (2016). Ownership of Corporations: A Review, Synthesis, and Research Agenda. JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT 42(5): 1282-1314.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.