|Assistant Professor (Teaching) in Finance in the Business School||+44 (0) 191 33 45467|
He has a Master by Research (MRes) in Economics and Finance and a Ph.D, Brunel University, London. Prior to joining Durham he held the position as a lecturer and the Programme Element leader for Economics and Finance at the LBIC, Brunel University and the University of Liverpool.
He was awarded the “Special Recognition Award for Excellence in Teaching” in 2014, 2015 and 2016 at the LBIC, Brunel University.
Husam has a Master by Research (MRes) in Economics and Finance and a Ph.D, Brunel University, London. He worked previously in the UK include lectureships and the Programme Element leader for Economics and Finance at LBIC, Brunel University at the LBIC, Brunel University and the University of Liverpool. Husam is currently BSc finance programme director.
- Economic Growth
- Taylor Rule and Monetary Policy
- Emerging Market
- Islamic Finance and Banking
Available for media contact about:
- Conflict and resolution:
- Middle East:
- Human rights:
- Elsayed, A. H. & Helmi, M. H. (2021). Volatility transmission and spillover dynamics across financial markets: The role of geopolitical risk. Annals of Operations Research 305: 1-22.
- Caporale, M,G., Catik, A,N., Helmi, M.H., Ali, F, M. & Tajik, M. (2019). The bank lending channel in the Malaysian Islamic and conventional banking system. Global Finance Journal 45: 100478.
- Baldwin,Kenneth, AlHalboni,Maryam & Helmi, Mohamad Husam (2019). A Structural Model of "Alpha" for the Capital Adequacy Ratios of Islamic Banks. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money 60: 267-283.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Helmi, Mohamad Husam (2018). Islamic banking, credit, and economic growth: Some empirical evidence. International Journal of Finance & Economics 23(4): 456-477.
- Caporale, G.M., Helmi, H.M., Çatık, A.N. Ali, F.M. & Akdeniz, C. (2018). Monetary policy rules in emerging countries: is there an augmented nonlinear Taylor rule? Economic Modelling 72: 306-319.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.