Dr Spyros Angelopoulos
|Associate Professor in the Business School|
Dr Spyros Angelopoulos is an Associate Professor at Durham University Business School. His research focuses on users’ behaviour on online platforms, the adaptation of organizations during digital transformation, and on security and privacy issues of users on online platforms. He has been selected as ‘Faculty Expert’ by Google, for his commitment to leading transformation in Cloud Computing research and education.
- Business Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Information Systems
- Kar, A.K., Angelopoulos, S. & Rao, H.R. (2023). Big data-driven theory building: Philosophies, guiding principles, and common traps. International Journal of Information Management 102661.
- Struijk, M., Angelopoulos, S., Ou, C.X.J & Davison, R.M (2023). Navigating Digital Transformation through an Information Quality Strategy: Evidence from a Military Organization. Information Systems Journal
- Angelopoulos, S., Canhilal, S.K. & Hawkins, M.A. (2023). From Groups to Communities: A Resource Mobilization Theory Perspective on the Emergence of Communities. Information Systems Frontiers
- Zuo, M., Angelopoulos, S., Liang, Z. & Ou, C.X.J. (2022). Blazing the Trail: Considering Browsing Path Dependence in Online Service Response Strategy. Information Systems Frontiers
- Heising, L.M. & Angelopoulos, S. (2022). Operationalizing fairness in medical AI adoption: Detection of early Alzheimer’s Disease with 2D CNN. BMJ Health & Care Informatics 29: e100485.
- Ou, C.X.J., Zhang, X., Angelopoulos, S., Davison, R.M. & Janse, N. (2022). Security Breaches and Organization Response Strategy: Exploring Consumers’ Threat and Coping Appraisals. International Journal of Information Management 65: 102498.
- Soetekouw, L. & Angelopoulos, S. (2022). Digital Resilience through Training Protocols: Identifying Fake News on Social Media. Information Systems Frontiers
- Struijk, M., Ou, C.X.J., Davison, R.M. & Angelopoulos, S. (2022). Putting the IS back into IS Research. Information Systems Journal 32(3): 1-4.
- Angelopoulos, S., Brown, M., McAuley, D. Merali, Y., Mortier, R. & Price, D. (2021). Stewardship of Personal Data on Social Networking Sites. International Journal of Information Management
- Alexiou A. Oshri M. Schippers M. & Angelopoulos S. (2021). Narrative and Aesthetics as Antecedents of Perceived Learning in Serious Games. Information Technology & People
- Georgiadou, E., Angelopoulos, S. & Drake, H. (2020). Big data analytics and international negotiations: Sentiment analysis of Brexit negotiating outcomes. International Journal of Information Management 51: 102048.
- Heirman, W., Angelopoulos, S., Wegge, D., Vandebosch, H., Eggermont, S. & Walrave, M. (2015). Cyberbullying-Entrenched or Cyberbully-Free Classrooms? A Class Network and Class Composition Approach. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 20(3): 260.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.