|Associate Professor in the Business School|
Dr Spyros Angelopoulos is an Associate Professor at Durham University Business School. His research focuses on users’ behaviour on online platforms, the adaptation of organizations during digital transformation, and on security and privacy issues of users on online platforms. He has been selected as ‘Faculty Expert’ by Google, for his commitment to leading transformation in Cloud Computing research and education.
- Business Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Information Systems
Chapter in book
- Price, D., McAuley, D., Mortier, R., Greenhalgh, C., Brown, M. & Angelopoulos, S. (2015). Inter-Social-Networking: Accounting for Multiple Identities. In Social Computing and Social Media. 9182: 242.
- Angelopoulos, S., Kitsios, F. & Moustakis, V. (2012). Transformation of Management in the Public Sector. In Public Sector Reform Using Information Technologies. 44.
- Angelopoulos, S., Kitsios, F., Kofakis, P. & Papadopoulos, T. (2010). Emerging Barriers in E-Government Implementation. In Electronic Government. 6228: 216.
- Heising, L.M. & Angelopoulos, S. (2021), Early Diagnosis of Mild Cognitive Impairment with 2-Dimensional Convolutional Neural Network Classification of Magnetic Resonance Images, 54th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS). Hawaii, 3407-3415.
- Struijk, M. Angelopoulos, S. & Ou, C.X.J. (2021), Digital transformation of pre-digital organizations: Responding to institutional complexity, 37th EGOS Colloquium. Amsterdam.
- Angelopoulos, S. & Merali, Y. (2015), Bridging the Divide between Virtual and Embodied Spaces: Exploring the Effect of Offline Interactions on the Sociability of Participants of Topic-Specific Online Communities, 2015 48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 1994.
- Angelopoulos, S. & Kitsios, F. (2015), Decision Making for Content Management Systems: Criteria Identification and Categorisation, 2015 48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 1233.
- Ou, Carol XJ, Zhang, Xiaowei, Angelopoulos, Spyros, Davison, Robert M & Janse, Noury (2022). Security Breaches and Organization Response Strategy: Exploring Consumers’ Threat and Coping Appraisals. International Journal of Information Management 65: 102498.
- Soetekouw, L. & Angelopoulos, S. (2022). Digital Resilience through Training Protocols: Identifying Fake News on Social Media. Information Systems Frontiers
- Struijk, M., Ou, C.X.J., Davison, R.M. & Angelopoulos, S. (2022). Putting the IS back into IS Research. Information Systems Journal 32(3): 1-4.
- Angelopoulos, S., Brown, M., McAuley, D. Merali, Y., Mortier, R. & Price, D. (2021). Stewardship of Personal Data on Social Networking Sites. International Journal of Information Management
- Alexiou A. Oshri M. Schippers M. & Angelopoulos S. (2021). Narrative and Aesthetics as Antecedents of Perceived Learning in Serious Games. Information Technology & People
- Georgiadou, E., Angelopoulos, S. & Drake, H. (2020). Big data analytics and international negotiations: Sentiment analysis of Brexit negotiating outcomes. International Journal of Information Management 51: 102048.
- Heirman, W., Angelopoulos, S., Wegge, D., Vandebosch, H., Eggermont, S. & Walrave, M. (2015). Cyberbullying-Entrenched or Cyberbully-Free Classrooms? A Class Network and Class Composition Approach. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 20(3): 260.
- Angelopoulos, S., Kitsios, F. & Papadopoulos, T. (2010). New service development in e‐government: identifying critical success factors. Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy 4(1): 95.
- Kitsios, F., Papadopoulos, T. & Angelopoulos, S. (2010). A Roadmap to the Introduction of Pervasive Information Systems in Healthcare. International Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2(3): 21.
A Top Global Business School
We are an international triple accredited business school. Sharing insights, supporting innovation and teaching tomorrow’s leaders. We combine our academic excellence, insightful research and exceptional global business connections, to equip our students to become innovative business thinkers.