How to apply and application deadlines
As there is a high demand for this programme with a finite number of places available, we operate a staged admissions process with application deadlines throughout the year. Due to the competition for places we give preference to applicants who exceed our minimum professional experience requirements and/or from high ranking institutions with grades above our minimum entry requirements.
If you apply before the Application deadline for a particular stage, as shown below, you will normally receive a response on or before the decision by date. In some instances, it may be necessary for us to roll your application forward to the next round.
**Please note: Applications are now closed to all of India for round four and beyond applications.**
|Application deadline||Decision by date|
All deadlines are 23:59 UK time (GMT).
- Applications for each stage open immediately after the deadline for the previous stage.
- Whilst we aim to give you a decision on your application by the listed date, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, this may not always be possible.
- Applications received after our final application deadline will be considered at our discretion if places are still available.
- All offer holders will be automatically assessed for a scholarship, and if successful will be notified by separate email within 14 days of receiving an offer.
- We may issue a small number of offers to exceptional candidates in advance of each deadline.
- The University is under no obligation to make an offer of a place on the programme to any applicant, nor is the University obligated to fill all spaces available on the programme.
If you are successful at the initial review stage, we will invite you to attend an interview. This gives you the opportunity to discuss your choice, and visit the School and Durham City. We hold several MBA open events throughout the year where we arrange interviews.
What do I need to apply?
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate at least three years’ continuous post-graduation work experience, in one or more positions with significant managerial responsibility.
- First or Upper Second Class Bachelors Degree, or international equivalent* (applicants who do not meet this requirement will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence demonstrating capability in areas such as management experience, critical thinking skills and communication skills).
- additionally, applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate evidence of proficiency in English language as follows: a recent test score of 7.0 or above in IELTS with no element below 6.0, 102 or above in TOEFL IBT with no element below 23 or an alternative University approved English language test. Further details can be found at Direct Entry Band C - Durham University