Mr Ajaz Ahmed
|PhD Student in the Business School|
Mr. Ajaz Ahmed has a background of environmental economics and he is currently doing a PhD in Economics from Durham University Business School. He has been involved in environment and climate change teaching, training and policy research for over five years. Ajaz has authored a number of publications on pressing issues such as water, energy and climate change adaptations.
Mr. Ahmed has worked with a number of reputed organisations such as Ministry of Climate Change Pakistan, Institute for Social and Environmental Transition (ISET) Pakistan, Quaide Azam University Islamabad, Air University Islamabad and PMAS-Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi.
Ajaz is an Associate and Grantee of South Asian Network of Development and Environmental Economics (SANDEE). He independently managed a SANDEE small research grant. Recently, Ajaz has been awarded with a Fellowship by Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP) implemented by the Frankfurt School and Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI). Ajaz welcomes collaboration, communication, and sharing of ideas.
Research topic: Choice modelling of health and environmentally friendly agriculture and sustainable forest management and flood adaptations in Pakistan.
Publications and Papers
- Fawad Khan, Atta ur Rehman and Ajaz Ahmed. 2014. Applying TAMD in Pakistan: Rainwater harvesting, resilience & gender. IIED Country Report. IIED, London.
- Ahmed, A. (2014) “Energy Smart Buildings: Potential for Conservation and Efficiency of Energy”, The Pakistan Development Review 53:4 Part II (Winter 2014) pp. 371–380.
- Ahmed, A. Salman, A. (2012) “Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Business in Pakistan: Perceptions and Realities”, The Pakistan Development Review, 51:4 Part II (Winter 2012) pp. 303–316.
- Ahmed, A. (2012) “Alternative Energy in Pakistan: Current Practices and Future Prospects A Status Paper”, WWF-Pakistan.
- Ahmed, A. Mustafa, U. Samad, G. (2012) “Economic Appraisal of Rooftop Rain Water Harvesting (RRWH) Technology in Bagh and Battagram Districts Pakistan”, Working Paper, Centre of Excellence in Environmental Economics and Climate Change (CEECC), PIDE.
- Ahmed, A. Mustafa, U. Khalid, M. (2011) “Rooftop Rain Water Harvesting (RRWH) Technology and Women Time Allocation in Bagh and Battagram Districts”, The Pakistan Development Review, 50:4 Part II (Winter 2011) pp. 459–470.
- Ahmed, A. Mustafa, U. Nasir, M. (2011) “Impact of Rooftop Rain Water Harvesting Technology on Women Wellbeing in Hilly and Fragile Areas: Evidence from Pakistan”, Working Paper, Centre of Excellence in Environmental Economics and Climate Change (CEECC), PIDE.