Student Art Network and Art Socials
Are you interested in visual arts, making, galleries and museums? If so, you may you want to join the Student Art Network, an arts and creative network open to all students.
The network meets informally to discuss new opportunities and share information about current arts events. The network is a safe, inclusive, and friendly space. Meetings are hosted by the University Art Collection team and take place either online or physically.
The goals of the network are:
- To provide a forum for student arts members to communicate, share knowledge and experience, share ideas and solve problems whilst encouraging best practice in student arts groups.
- To enable student arts members to come together on collaborative projects which would not be feasible without ICAN support.
- To connect student arts groups with University Library and Collections staff for support and advice.
- To widen student experience and participation in the arts through ICAN generated activity.
- To connect student arts groups with professional arts organisations in the region, widening knowledge and experience, encouraging community collaboration and engagement.
The network also run regular Art Socials for students, featuring events such as pub sketching tours, behind the scenes experiences and artist workshops.
If you would like to find out more or to join the network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.