Professor Alan Townsend
|Professor of Department of Geography|
More details to follow shortly.
- regional development and affairs
- planning studies
- the changing geography of employment
- unemployment and industry
Chapter in book
- N. Coe & A.R. Townsend (2002). The spatial configuration of inter-firm networks in producer services agglomerations. In Global competition and local networks. Ashgate. 280-312.
- Townsend, A (2004). Piggy-backing Planners risk fall. Newstart 16.
- Townsend, A & Townsend, J (2004). Accountability, motivation and practice: NGOs North and South. Social and Cultural Geography 5(2): 271-284.
- J. Liddle & A.R. Townsend (2003). Reflections on the development of local strategic Partnerships: key emerging issues. Local Governance 29(1): 37-54.
- J. Tully & A.R. Townsend (2003). The legacy of the development corporations: from heavy engineering to call centres. Northern Economic Review (33/34): 80-95.
- A.R. Townsend (2003). Build a professional bridge; planning and the recruitment process in regeneration. Planning
- A.R. Townsend (2002). Public speaking rights, members and officers in a planning committee. Planning Practice and Research 17(1): 59-68.
- A.R. Townsend (2002). Contradictions in planning education. Planning Practice and Research 14: 21.
- A.R. Townsend (2001). Diversification de las salidas profesionales para los geografos y las geografas en el Reino Unido. Documents d'Analisi Geografica 39: 57-74.
- B. Thomas & A.R. Townsend (2001). New trends in the growth of tourism employment in the UK in the 1990's. Tourism Economics 7: 295-310.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2004). Public participation in the revised Planning system.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2004). Cities, City Regions and the Changing Geography of Business Offices - Revised report.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2003). The Teesdale Business Park Impact Study.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2003). South Tyneside Enterprise Partnership (STEP), Single Regeneration Budget: Combined Programme, Independent Evaluation 2001-2002, with Centre for Public Policy, Northumbria University.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2003). The legacy of long-term economic change between and within cities.
- Townsend, A & Southern, A (2003). Evaluation of Connect@Sunderland.
- Townsend, A & Tully, J (2003). Cities, City Regions and the Changing Geography of Business Offices.