Mr Esmaeel Masoudi
Research Postgraduate – Fluid Mechanics Node
|Research Postgraduate – Fluid Mechanics Node in the Department of Engineering||E008 Christopherson|
Esmaeel is a PhD candidate in fluid mechanic group in engineering department. He has received his BSc and MSc from Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran polytechnic) Tehran, Iran. His BSc project was numerical simulation of wedge water entry on still water to study slamming on light marine vehicles. His MSc project focused on diffraction waves and transmision and reflection coefficents of floating breakwaters with different cross section and configurations. Afterwards, he worked in industry for five years in various fields including ship plan approval survey, ship energy efficiency, international and class rules and regulations for ship design, construction and operation and lecturing in these fields. He was awarded with doctroral scholorship from Durham university in the field of mechanical enginnering since 2019, and he has been working under supervision of Prof. David Sims-Williams and Dr. Lian Gan since then.
Esmaeel is working on large eddy simulation (LES) to analyse turblence and study flow bahaviour around cylinders. He also is working on studying ayrodynamics of bluff bodies using experimental methods including wind tunnel facilities. His research is mostly focused on fluid flow bahaviour past polygonal cylinders, vortex shedding and shear layer charactristics. The purpose of these studies is having a better undrestanding of flow physical bahaviour in phenomena such as vortex induded vibration (VIV) in order to find possible ways of harvesting green energy from it.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Khosravi - Babadi, Mohsen (2017). Ship Launching Practices. Asrare Danesh Publication.
- Zohdi, Elahe & Masoudi, Esmaeel (Accepted), International Convention for the Control and Management of Ships' Ballast Water and Sediments (BWM), 21th IRSEN conference, Science and Research Branch- Islamic Azad University. Tehran, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel, Gan, Lian & Sims-Williams, David (2020), Near wake flow features of polygonal cylinders in different incidence angles, Uk fluid conference. Southampton, England.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Hasanpour, Masoud (2018), Industrial Personnel Code (IP Code), New IMO International Maritime Standard, 1 st safety of maritime transportation conference. IRISL, Tehran, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel (2017), Hydrodynamic Analysis of ∏ Type Floating Breakwaters, 7 th international offshore industries conference. Sharif university of technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Zeraatgar, Hamid (2017), Hydrodynamic Analysis of Various Cross Sections of Floating Breakwaters, 7 th International Offshore Industries Conference. Tehran, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Rastgo, Kourosh (2017), Marine Warranty Surveying and Its Application on National Offshore Industry, 7 th international offshore industries conference. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Safari, Hasan (2016), IMO Ship Energy Efficiency Measures and Its Effects on International Shipping, 18th international marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel (2016), Hydrodynamic characteristic of various cross sections of floating breakwaters, 18th marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran, Iranian association of naval architecture and marine engineering.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel, Safari, Hasan & Mehrdana, Hamid (2016), Introduction to Energy Efficiency Design Index and its Effects on Ocean going Vessels, 18th international marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Zeraatgar, Hamid (2015), Hydrodynamic analysis of floating breakwater with effect of bathymetry boundary condition, 17 th International marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Jahanbakhsh, Alireza (2015), Introduction to Second Generation Intact Stability Criteria, 17 th International marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & zeratgar, Hamid (2015), Hydrodynamic analysis of floating breakwater with effect of a boundary wall Condition, 17 th International marine industries conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel, Ghadimi, Parviz & Rezaei, Amin (2015), Hydrodynamic Simulation of wedge water entry in symmetric and asymmetric condition, 17th international marine conference. Kish Island, Iran.
- Masoudi, E., Sims-Williams, D. & Gan, L. (2023). Flow separation from polygonal cylinders in an incident flow. Physical Review Fluids 8(1): 014701.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel, Gan, Lian & Sims-Williams, David (2021). Large Eddy Simulation of incident flows around polygonal cylinders. Physics of Fluids 33(10): 105112.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Gan, Lian (2021). Diffraction waves on general two-legged rectangular floating breakwaters. Ocean Engineering 235.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Gan, Lian (2020). Diffraction waves on large aspect ratio rectangular submerged breakwaters. Ocean Engineering 209: 107474.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel (2019). Hydrodynamic Characteristics of Inverse T-Type Floating Breakwaters. International Journal of Maritime Technology 11(Winter and Spring 2019): 13.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel (2019). Hydrodynamic characteristics of rectangular submerged breakwaters. Journal of Marine Research 4(1, 2019): 449-459.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel (2017). Second Generation IMO Intact Stability Vulnerability Criteria and its Application to ships Navigating in Persian Gulf and Oman Sea. International Journal of Maritime Technology 7: 39.
- Masoudi, Esmaeel & Zeraatgar, Hamid (2016). Application of method of separation of variables for analysing floating breakwaters. Journal of marine engineering 11(22): 61-73.