|Associate Professor (Reader) of Department of Geography||221||+44 (0) 191 33 41915|
|Associate Professor (Reader) of Politics-State-Space||221||+44 (0) 191 33 41915|
|Associate Professor (Reader) / Cluster Convenor of Urban Worlds||221||+44 (0) 191 33 41915|
- Community Learning and Research Network (CLARN)
- Connecting Localism and Community Empowerment
- Health Inequalities in an Age of Austerity, Leverhulme Trust Research Leadership Grant, £1 million (2013-2018)
- Reframing Citizen Relationships with the Public Sector in a Time of Austerity: Community Empowerment in England and Scotland
- 2010: Young people, social capital, and community revitalization: The role of social enterprise (CASE Award)(£6000.00 from ETEC Sunderland)
- 2008: TOWARDS A NEW URBANISM IN BRITAIN(£4935.00 from The British Academy)
- 2004: EMERGING AND EFFECTIVE GOVERNANCE(£29039.78 from ESRC)
- 2000: REDEFINING 'PUBLIC SPACE' IN URBAN BRITAIN(£3315.00 from The Leverhulme Trust)
- Brenner, N., Jessop, B., Jones, M. & MacLeod, G. (2002). State/space: A Reader. Blackwell.
Chapter in book
- MacLeod, D.G. (2014). Walling the City. In Cities and Social Change: Encounters with Contemporary Urbanism. McCann, E. & Paddison, R. London, UK: Sage. 130-147.
- Johnstone, C. & MacLeod, D.G. (2007). New Labour's 'broken' neighbourhoods: liveability, disorder, and discipline? In Securing an Urban Renaissance. Crime, community and British urban policy. Atkinson, R. & Helms, G. Bristol.: The Policy Press. 75-90.
- MacLeod, G. & Jones, M. (2006). Mapping the geographies of UK devolution. In Territory, Identity and Spatial Planning. Tewdwr-Jones, M. & Allmendinger, P. New York and London.: Routledge. 333-352.
- Jones, M. & MacLeod, G. (2005). Regional spaces, spaces of regionalism: territory, insurgent politics and the English question. In Regionalism contested: Institution, society and governance. Sagan & Halkier, H. 93-112.
- Brenner, N., Jessop, B., Jones, M. & MacLeod, G. (2002). Introduction: State space in question. In State/Space: A Reader. Brenner, N., Jessop, B., Jones, M. & MacLeod, G. Blackwell.
- MacLeod, G. (2002). Regional tensions: constructing institutional cohesion. In City of Revolution: Restructuring Manchester. Peck, J. & Ward, K. Manchester University Press. 176-189.
- MacLeod, G. (2001). Globalizing Parisian thought-waves: recent advances in the study of social regulation, disclosure, politics and space. In The Regulation Approach: An Anthology. Jessop, B. Edward Elgar. 533-553.
- MacLeod, G. (2001). Identity, hybridity and the institutionalization of territory: On the geohistory of Celtic devolution. In Celtic Geographies: Landscape, Identity, Culture. Harvey, D., Jones, R., McInroy, N. & Milligan, C. Routledge. 53-68.
- MacLeod, Gordon (2020). Intensifying fragmentation: states, places, and dissonant struggles over the political geographies of power. Space and Polity 24(2): 177-199.
- Ormerod, E. & Macleod, G. (2019). Beyond Consensus and Conflict in Housing Governance: Returning to the Local State. Planning Theory 18(3): 319-338.
- Macleod, G. (2018). The Grenfell Tower atrocity: Exposing urban worlds of inequality, injustice, and an impaired democracy. City 22(4): 460-489.
- Bulkeley, H., Luque-Ayala, A., McFarlane, C. & MacLeod, G. (2018). Enhancing urban autonomy: towards a new political project for cities. Urban Studies 55(4): 702-719.
- MacLeod, G. & Jones, M. (2018). Explaining ‘Brexit capital’ uneven development and the austerity state. Space and Polity 22(2): 111-136.
- MacLeod, D.G. & McFarlane, C. (2014). Introduction: Grammars of Urban Injustice. Antipode 46(4): 857-873.
- MacLeod, D.G. (2013). New Urbanism/Smart Growth in the Scottish Highlands: Mobile Policies and Post-politics in Local Development Planning. Urban Studies - Special Issue 50(11): 2196-2221.
- MacLeod, D.G. & Johnstone, C. (2012). Stretching Urban Renaissance: Privatizing Space, Civilizing Place, Summoning 'Community'. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 36(1): 1-28.
- MacLeod, D.G. & Jones, M. (2011). Renewing Urban Politics. Urban Studies 48(12): 2443-2472.
- MacLeod, D.G. (2011). Urban Politics Reconsidered: Growth Machine to Post-democratic City? Urban Studies 48(12): 2629-2660.
- MacLeod, G. & Jones, M. (2007). Territorial, scalar, networked, connected: In what sense a 'Regional World'? Regional Studies 41(9): 1177-1191.
- Jones, M. & MacLeod, G. (2004). Regional spaces, spaces of regionalism: territory, insurgent politics and the English question. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers 29(4): 433-452.
- MacLeod, G., Raco, M. & Ward, K. (2003). Negotiating the contemporary city: Introduction. Urban Studies 40(9): 1655-1671.
- MacLeod, G. (2002). From urban entrepreneurialism to a 'Revanchist City'? On the spatial injustices of Glasgow's Renaissance. Antipode 34(3): 602-624.
- MacLeod, G. & Ward, K. (2002). Spaces of utopia and dystopia: landscaping the contemporary city. Geografiska Annaler: Series B, Human Geography 84(3-4): 153-170.
- MacLeod, G. (2001). New regionalism reconsidered: Globalization and the remaking of political economic space. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 25(4): 804-829.
- MacLeod, G. & Jones, M. (2001). Renewing the geography of regions. Environment and Planning D: - Society and Space 19(6): 669-695.
- MacLeod, G. (2001). Beyond soft institutionalism: accumulation, regulation, and their geographical fixes. Environment and Planning A 33(7): 1145-1167.
- Painter, J., Orton, A., MacLeod, D.G., Dominelli, L. & Pande, R. (2011). Connecting localism and community empowerment: research review and critical synthesis for the AHRC Connected Community Programme.
- MacLeod, G. (2004). Privatizing the City? The tentative push towards edge urban developments and gated communities in the United Kingdom. Revised report.
- MacLeod, G. (2003). Privatizing the City? The Tentative push towards edge urban developments and gated communities in the United Kingdom.