Dr Helen Gray
|Research Associate in the School of Education||CA115|
|Fellow in the Durham Research Methods Centre|
|Fellow of the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing|
I worked as teacher of ESOL and then Computer Science in primary and secondary schools. I have a PhD in Computer Science.
I worked at the Centre for evaluation and monitoring (CEM) from 2007 - 2107 and then moved to the School of Education.
I have worked on projects involving practical work in science in KS3 –KS5 and also on widening participation in Higher Education.
I am currently involved in the evaluation of an ESPRC funded project, Inclusion Matters.
- Evaluation of the Impact of the Creativity Commission Report
- Improving the breadth of science practical work undertaken in schools
- Monitoring Practical Science in Schools and Colleges
- 2015: Tottenham Schools Learning Community - Cross Age Peer Tutoring(£12250.00 from Haringey Council)
Edited Sources, Research Data Sets and Databases
- Cramman, H., Kind, V., Kind, P., Lyth, A., Gray, H., Younger, K., Eerola, P. & Coe, R. (2019). Monitoring practical science in schools and colleges, higher education data 2016-2018. SN: 853459. UK Data Service.
- Cramman, H., Kind, V., Kind, P., Lyth, A., Gray, H., Younger, K., Eerola, P. & Coe, R. (2019). Monitoring practical science in schools and colleges, school data 2016-2017. SN: 853446. UK Data Service.
- Brown, C., Poortman, C., Gray, H,, Gross-Ophoff, J. & Wharf, M. (2021). Facilitating collaborative reflective inquiry amongst teachers: what do we currently know? International Journal of Educational Research 105: 101695.
- Gray, H., Lyth, A., McKenna, C., Stothard, S., Tymms, P. & Copping, L.T. (2019). Sex differences in variability across nations in Reading, Mathematics and Science: A Meta-Analytic extension of Baye and Monseur (2016). Large-scale Assessments in Education 7(1): 2.
- Copping, L.T., Cramman, H., Gott, S., Gray, H. & Tymms, P. (2016). Name writing ability not length of name is predictive of future academic attainment. Educational Research 58(3): 237-246.
- Cramman, Helen, Gray, Helen, Siddiqui, Nadia & Tudor, Jenna (2021). Evaluation of Inclusion Matters - Northern Power: Making Engineering and Physical Sciences Research a Domain for All in the North of England: End of Programme Report. School of Education. Durham University.
- Cramman, Helen, Menzies, Victoria, Gray, Helen, Mee, Dawn & Eerola, Paivi (2020). Baseline Evaluation of the Durham Commission on Creativity and Education Report. Durham University.
- Cramman, Helen Kind, Vanessa, Lyth, Andrew, Gray, Helen, Younger, Kirsty, Gemar, Adam, Eerola, Paivi, Coe, Rob & Kind, Per (2019). Monitoring practical science in schools and colleges. Durham, Durham University.