Miss Martina Diehl
Academic Development Advisor
|Academic Development Advisor in the Durham Centre for Academic Development (DCAD)|
|Research Student in the School of Education|
Specialised in creative and critical education with a specific interest in poetry teaching and learning (in secondary schools).
Language and poetry has interested me all my life, and I write poems and song lyrics as a hobby. It intrigued me to see so many students who were not keen on poetry teaching and learning; this combined with a fascination with critical pedagogy, social semiotics and creativity eventually led to an idea for a PhD thesis.
My love for education extends to teaching in practice too, which has led me to work with DCAD on the academic development team. I am very excited to be a part of this team and to continue my pedagogical journey.
Other passions: Music and horsewomanship
Chapter in book
- Diehl, M. (2020). Moving Forward with Poetry Lessons: Exploring how poetry can stimulate creativity and criticality in English secondary schools. In A. Simpson, & F. Dervin (Eds.), The Meaning of Criticality in Education Research (127-149). Palgrave Macmillan. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-56009-6_6
- Diehl, M. B. (2021). The Trouble with Poetry: Teachers’ perceptions on poetry teaching and learning in the secondary classroom. In S. Riddle, & P. Bhatia (Eds.), Imagining Better Education: Conference Proceedings 2020 (22-34)
- Diehl, M. (2019). Engaging the Poet: Exploring poetry through creativity and criticality in English secondary education. In X. Shao, & E. Dobson (Eds.), Imagining Better Education: Conference Proceedings 2018 (44-52)
- Heinemeyer, S., Khoze, V. A., Ryskin, M. G., Tasevsky, M., & Weiglein, G. (2010). BSM Higgs physics at the LHC in the forward proton mode. In M. Diehl, J. Haller, T. Schorner-Sadenius, & G. Steinbruck (Eds.), Proceedings/Internal Report. Physics at the LHC2010. Proceedings, 5th Conference, PLHC2010, Hamburg, Germany, June 7-12, 2010 (275-278). https://doi.org/10.3204/desy-proc-2010-01/199
- Hoche, S., Krauss, F., Schonherr, M., & Siegert, F. (2010). Next-to-leading order matrix elements and truncated showers. In M. Diehl, J. Haller, T. Schorner-Sadenius, & G. Steinbruck (Eds.), Physics at the LHC2010. Proceedings, 5th Conference, PLHC2010, Hamburg, Germany, June 7-12, 2010 (199-203)