Dr Nicholas Chancellor
Teaching Fellow - Quantum Optics
|Teaching Fellow - Quantum Optics in the Department of Physics|
|Member of the Quantum Light and Matter|
- Quantum Annealing
- hybrid quantum classical computing
- applied algorithms for quantum computing
- Quantum Light and Matter
- 2020: RF040663: Hub for Quantum Computing and Simulation, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council, £102764.00, 2020-04-01 - 2021-03-31
- 2019: Quantum Local Searching in Complex Energy Landscapes(£20298.00 from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
- 2018: Hybrid Quantum Energy Landscape Computing(£465704.00 from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
- 2018: Editorial board membership for PLOS one: In 2018 I accepted a three year invitation to sit on the editorial board of PLOS one.
- 2018: Implementation of reverse annealing on D-Wave devices: I wrote the first paper which proposed a version of the 'reverse annealing' protocol which has now been implemented on the quantum computing devices produced by D-Wave Systems Inc. These machines sell for about 10 million pounds and have been purchased by Google, NASA, and Lockheed Martin amongst others.
- 2018: invitation to speak at DLR Quantum Computing Workshop: I was an invited speaker at the DLR Quantum Computing Workshop hosted by the German aerospace agency, DLR. I estimate about 100 people attended.
- 2018: Invited to speak at AQC 2018 at NASA Ames: I was invited to give a talk at AQC 2018, held at the NASA Ames research facility at moffat field. AQC is the top conference in the field of quantum annealing and I would estimate the attendance at around 300 people.
- 2018: program comittee member of QTOP 19: I was invited to sit on the program committee of QTOP, the "First International Workshop on Quantum Technology and Optimization
Problems" in 2018 and accepted the invitation.
- Nita, Laurentiu, Mazzoli Smith, Laura, Chancellor, Nicholas & Cramman, Helen (2023). The challenge and opportunities of quantum literacy for future education and transdisciplinary problem-solving. Research in Science & Technological Education 41(2): 564-580.
- Chen, Jie, Date, Prasanna, Chancellor, Nicholas, Atiquzzaman, Mohammed & Sreenan, Cormac (2022). Controller-Based Energy-Aware Wireless Sensor Network Routing Using Quantum Algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering 3: 3102912.
- Chancellor, Nicholas (2022). Modernizing quantum annealing II: genetic algorithms with the inference primitive formalism. Natural Computing
- Callison, Adam & Chancellor, Nicholas (2022). Hybrid quantum-classical algorithms in the noisy intermediate-scale quantum era and beyond. Physical Review A 106(1): 010101.
- Chancellor, Nicholas, Crowley, Philip J. D., Durić, Tanja, Vinci, Walter, Amin, Mohammad H., Green, Andrew G., Warburton, Paul A. & Aeppli, Gabriel (2022). Error measurements for a quantum annealer using the one-dimensional Ising model with twisted boundaries. npj Quantum Information 8(1): 73.
- East, Richard D.P., van de Wetering, John, Chancellor, Nicholas & Grushin, Adolfo G. (2022). AKLT-States as ZX-Diagrams: Diagrammatic Reasoning for Quantum States. PRX Quantum 3(1).
- Chancellor, Nicholas & Kendon, Viv (2021). Experimental test of search range in quantum annealing. Physical Review A 104(1): 012604.
- Callison, Adam, Festenstein, Max, Chen, Jie, Nita, Laurentiu, Kendon, Viv & Chancellor, Nicholas (2021). Energetic Perspective on Rapid Quenches in Quantum Annealing. PRX Quantum 2(1): 010338.
- Abel, Steven, Chancellor, Nicholas & Spannowsky, Michael (2021). Quantum computing for quantum tunneling. Physical Review D 103(1): 016008.
- Chancellor, Nicholas (2020). Fluctuation-guided search in quantum annealing. Physical Review A 102(6): 062606.
- Roffe, Joschka, Zohren, Stefan, Horsman, Dominic & Chancellor, Nicholas (2020). Quantum Codes from Classical Graphical Models. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 66(1): 130-146.
- Dodds, A. Ben, Kendon, Viv, Adams, Charles S. & Chancellor, Nicholas (2019). Practical designs for permutation-symmetric problem Hamiltonians on hypercubes. Physical Review A 100(3): 032320.
- Chancellor, Nicholas (2019). Domain wall encoding of discrete variables for quantum annealing and QAOA. Quantum Science and Technology 4(4): 045004.
- Roffe, Joschka, Headley, David, Chancellor, Nicholas, Horsman, Dominic & Kendon, Viv (2018). Protecting quantum memories using coherent parity check codes. Quantum Science and Technology 3(3): 035010.
- Chancellor, N., Zohren, S. & Warburton, P. A. (2017). Circuit design for multi-body interactions in superconducting quantum annealing systems with applications to a scalable architecture. npj Quantum Information 3(1): 21.
- Chancellor, N. (2017). Modernizing quantum annealing using local searches. New Journal of Physics 19(2): 023024.
- Bougroura, Hamza, Aissaoui, Habib, Chancellor, Nicholas & Kendon, Viv (2016). Quantum walk transport properties on graphene structures. Physical Review A 94(6): 062331.
- Chancellor, N. Zohren, S. Warburton, P.A. Benjamin, S.C. & Roberts, S. (2016). A Direct Mapping of Max k-SAT and High Order Parity Checks to a Chimera Graph. Scientific Reports 6: 37107.
- Chancellor, N., Szoke, S., Vinci, W., Aeppli, G. & Warburton, P. A. (2016). Maximum-entropy inference with a programmable annealer. Scientific Reports 6(1): 22318.
- Duric, T., Chancellor, N. & Herbut, I. F. (2014). Interaction-induced anomalous quantum Hall state on the honeycomb lattice. Physical Review B 89(16): 165123.
Mr Laurentiu Nita
Mr. Puya Mirkarimi
Ms. Stephanie Foulds