Mr Sunjeev Sahota
|Associate Professor in the Department of English Studies|
I’m a novelist. My first novel, 'Ours are the Streets', was published in 2011 with 'The Year of the Runaways' following in 2015. I’m currently writing my third, 'China Room', to be published by Harvill Secker in 2021. I have taught creative writing to students and writers, on both university and residential courses.
I'm interested in writing and editing prose fiction.
- 2018: Fellow of Royal Society of Literature:
- 2018: Freeman's 30 International Writers for the Future:
- 2017: BBC National Short Story Award Judge:
- 2015: Shortlisted for International Dylan Thomas Prize (The Year of the Runaways):
- 2015: Shortlisted for Man Booker Prize (The Year of the Runaways):
- 2015: Shortlisted for Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year:
- 2015: Winner of Encore Award (The Year of the Runaways):
- 2015: Winner of European Union Literature Prize (The Year of the Runaways):
- 2015: Winner of Southbank Sky Arts Award (The Year of the Runaways):
- 2013: Granta Best of Young British Novelists:
- Sahota, Sunjeev (2016). The Year of the Runaways. Picador.
- Sahota, S (2011). Ours are the Streets. Picador.
Chapter in book
- Sahota, Sunjeev (2017). Good Girls. In Freeman's: The Future of New Writing. Freeman, John Grove Press.
- Sahota, S. (2013). Arrivals (novel excerpt). In Granta. London: Granta. 123.