Postgraduate Research Student
|Postgraduate Research Student in the Department of Sociology|
Tian Cai is a PhD researcher at the Department of Sociology at Durham University. He has an MA and BA in Social Work, both from Sun Yat-sen University, China. During his time at Sun Yat-sen University, he worked as a Research Assistant and later Assistant Director of the Centre for Social Work Education and Research.
Field of Study
- Social work policy practice
- Third sector in China
- Social work professionalization in China
Chapter in book
- Lei, J. & Cai, T (2018). Conclusion: Regional and Service Difference and Contracting Services in Chinese Cities. In China's Social Welfare Revolution. Lei, J & Chan, C. K. (eds.) Abingdon: Routledge.
- Lu, W & Cai, T (2018). Integrated Family Service in Guangzhou. In China's Social Welfare Revolution. Lei, J & Chan, C. K. (eds) Abingdon: Routledge.
- Lei, Jie, Cai, Tian & Chan, Chak Kwan (2022). Contractual controls and pragmatic professionalism: A qualitative study on contracting social services in China. Critical Social Policy
- Banks, S., Cai, T., de Jonge, E., Shears, J., Shum, M., Sobočan, A.M., Strom, K., Truell, R., Úriz, M.J. & Weinberg, M. (2020). Practising ethically during Covid-19: social work challenges and responses. International Social Work 63(5): 569-583.
- Lei, Jie, Cai, Tian, Brown, Louise & Lu, Wei (2019). A pilot project using a community approach to support child protection services in China. Children and Youth Services Review 104: 104414.
- Lei, J & Cai, T (2019). Among the state, society and market: The development of social work in the UK (in Chinese). Journal of Social Work
- Lei, J, Zhang, L.X. & Cai, T (2017). The history and typological analysis of British family policy (in Chinese). Social Sciences in Guangdong
- Banks, S., Cai, T., de Jonge, E., Shears, J., Shum, M., Sobočan, A.M., Strom, K., Truell, R., Úriz, M.J. & Weinberg, M. (2020). Ethical Challenges for Social Workers during Covid-19: A Global Perspective. International Federation of Social Workers.
- Lei, J & Cai, T (2018). Report on the reform of Women’s Federation of Haizhu District (in Chinese). Guangzhou: Nanfang Daily Press.
- Lei, J, Cai, T, Li, X.B. & Huang, W. Y. (2017). Report on social work development in Chaoshan region (in Chinese). Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.
- Lei, J, Yeung, A, Duan, P.F. & Cai, T (2015). Report on Guangzhou municipal government out-sourcing integrated family services (in Chinese). Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.