Dr Trevor Wishart
Composer in Residence
|Composer in Residence in the Department of Music|
|Composer in Residence of St Chad's College||+44 (0) 191 33 43163|
Trevor Wishart is a composer whose interests deal mainly with the human voice, in particular with the transformation of it and the interpolation by technological means between human voice and natural sounds. Wishart has written two books On Sonic Art and Audible Design. On Sonic Art puts forth his theoretical and philosophical ideas while Audible Design deals mainly with the practice and technique of composing with digital audio.
An interview with Nicholas Marty has been recently published on the Journal of Music and Meaning.
- Wishart, Trevor (2012). Sound Composition. Orpheus The Pantomime.
- Wishart, Trevor (2013). Supernova. First performance January 2013.
- Wishart, Trevor (2011). Encounters in the Republic of Heaven. Editions RZ (DVD)/ Orpheus The Pantomime (CD). Duration: 62.
- Trevor Wishart (2007). 'The Division of Labour'. Deep Wireless Festival, Toronto, 2007. Published in 'Musik als Ars Scientiae' (2006), ed. Gottstein, B. PFAU. First performance August 2007. Duration: 18 minutes.
- Trevor Wishart (2005). 'Memories of Madrid'. Madrid. Centro del Conde Duque. First performance May 2005. Duration: 7 minutes.
- Trevor Wishart (2004). 'Globalalia'. Inventionen Festival, Berlin 6 June 2004; CCRMA, Stanford, 2006; Recombinant Media, San Franciso, 2006. First performance June 2004. Duration: 30 minutes.
- Trevor Wishart (2002). 'Imago'. Festsaal der Hochschule fuer Musik, Weimar, 6 June 2002; Redcat Theatre Downtown, Los Angeles, 2004; Musica Viva Festival, Lisbon, 2005; CCRMA, Stanford, California, 2006; Recombinant Media, San Francisco, 2006. First performance June 2002. Duration: 25 minutes.