|St Hilda Associate Professor of Catholic Social Thought & Practice in the Department of Theology and Religion||Abbey House 106||+44 (0) 191 33 43968|
- Forced Migration, Political Theology, Catholic social thought, Gillian Rose, Simone Weil, Hannah Arendt
- 2017: Post-Laudato Si' project: theology, ecology and development(£116000.00 from Stichting Porticus)
- 2016: Local Community Experiences and Responses to Conflict Induced Displacement from Syria: Views from Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey(£74872.09 from AHRC)
- 2015: PhD in the area of Catholic charitable work around homelessness(£45000.00 from The Charles Plater Trust)
- Rowlands, Anna (Accepted). Catholic Social Teaching: A Guide for the Perplexed. Bloomsbury.
Chapter in book
- Rowlands, Anna (Accepted). Beginning in the Middle: the third city and the politics of membership. In Misrecognitions. Davis, Joshua B. Wipf and Stock.
- Rowlands, Anna (2020). Reading Simone Weil in East London: Destitution, decreation and the history of force. In Suffering and the Christian Life. Kilby, Karen & Davies, Rachel T&T Clark. 113-132.
- Rowlands, Anna (2018). Against the Manichees: Immigration Detention and the Shaping of the Theo-political Imagination. In Religion in the European Refugee Crisis. Schmiedel, Ulrich & Smith, Graeme Cham: Palgrave Macmillan. 163-187.
- Rowlands, Anna (2018). On the Promise and Limits of Politics: Faith-Based Responses to Asylum-Seeking. In Fortress Britain? Ethical approaches to Immigration. Ryan, Ben London, UK Philadelphia, PA, USA: Jessica Kingsley Publishers. 68-93.
- Phillips, Elizabeth, Rowlands, Anna & Daughton, Amy (2018). T&T Clark Reader in Political Theology. Bloomsbury.