|Associate Professor (Teaching) / Careers Liaison in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures||A36, Elvet Riverside I||+44 (0) 191 33 43463|
|Member of the Institute for Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies|
- Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language, Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Critical Discourse Analysis
- 2018: Winner of Excellence in Learning and Teaching Award:
- 2018: Winner of Enhancing Students' Experience Award:
- Husni, R., & Zaher, A. (2020). Working with Arabic Prepositions. Taylor and Francis. https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315099101
- Starkey, P., Whitehouse, M., & Zaher, A. (2009). Chambers Arabic Grammar. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd
- Starkey, P., & Zaher, A. (2009). Chambers Arabic Vocabulary. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd
Chapter in book
- Zaher, A. (2020). The year abroad and employability skills for language students at Durham University. In Perspectives on the year abroad: a selection of papers from YAC2018. https://doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2020.39.1057
- Zaher, A. (2018). MLAC Year Abroad and Employability Prospects.
- Zaher, A. (2018). Student Engagement as a Tool for Empowerment.
- Zaher, A. (2018). Student Engagement: Examples and Benefits.
- Zaher, A. (2017). Threshold Concepts and their Implications for Language Teachers in Higher Education.
- Zaher, A. (2017). Threshold Concepts and Language Teaching, with an Example from Arabic.
- Zaher, A. (2017). Power and Discourse in Egypt following the 25th of January Revolution.
- Zaher, A. (2016). Culture and Empowering Language Learners.
- Zaher, A. (2016). Empowering Learners in Higher Education.
- Zaher, A. (2015). Culture as an Asset in Foreign Language Learning and Teaching.