Postgraduate Research Student
|Postgraduate Research Student in the Department of Sociology|
I am a 2nd year PhD candidate in the Department of Sociology. After completing an MA (Hons) Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Edinburgh in 2020, I joined the department in Durham for my MA Social Research Methods (Social Policy) in 2021. My MA and doctoral research are funded by the ESRC NINE DTP 1+3.
Follow me on Twitter: @caitjob
Field of Study
My doctoral research explores the experiences of help-seeking for domestic violence and abuse with young LGBTQ+ people. I aim to use a Participatory Action Research approach to plan, implement and undertake analysis on this project led by young people on what issues they deem important. I take a queer and intersectional feminist epistemological approach to research.
- Centre for Research into Violence and Abuse
- Centre for Social Justice and Community Action
- Young People
- Gender and Sexualities
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- Participatory Methodologies
Other (Digital/Visual Media)
- Jobson, C. (2022). LGBTQ+ Inclusive Relationships and Sex Education Briefing Paper.