Dr Clara Martins Pereira
|Assistant Professor in the Durham Law School|
- Assistant Professor in Law at Durham Law School
- Invited Professor at Católica Lisbon School of Law
Clara Martins Pereira is Assistant Professor at Durham Law School, Departmental Lecturer at Oxford Law Faculty, and Invited Professor at Católica Lisbon School of Law. Her research lies at the intersection of financial law and regulation, technological innovation, and sustainability.
In particular, she is interested in examining how law and legal institutions can be used to address the changes experienced by financial systems in a world of technological disruption, climate change, and growing inequality. She also maintains a strong interest in company law, tort law, and contract law.
Clara holds a DPhil, an MPhil, and a Magister Juris from the University of Oxford, as well as an MSc in Law and Business and an LLB in Law from Católica Lisbon School of Law. Before moving to Durham, Clara was Lecturer in Financial Law at the Dickson Poon School of Law (King’s College London), Stipendiary Lecturer in Tort Law at St. Catherine’s College (University of Oxford), and Departmental Lecturer and Tutor in Company Law at Oxford Law School. During her DPhil, she was Tutor in Company Law, Tort Law, and Contract Law at various Oxford colleges, as well as Guest Teacher in International Financial Law and Law of Business Associations at the London School of Economics.
Clara was also a Visiting Scholar at Columbia Law School, Sapienza Università di Roma, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law in Hamburg, and Facultat de Dret de la Universitat de Barcelona. Before entering academia, she worked as a Capital Markets lawyer at Portuguese law firm PLMJ. In addition to her academic work, Clara has been working as a consultant for various international organisations including the World Bank and ICF.
Palatine Centre, room 128
- Financial Regulation
- Financial Law
- Law and Financial Technology (FinTech)
- Law and Sustainable Finance
- Corporate Finance Law
- Company Law
- Tort Law
- Contract Law
- Martins Pereira, C. (2019). A Regulação do Crowdfunding de Capital no Ordenamento Jurídico Português. UCE
Chapter in book
- Keller, A., Martins Pereira, C., & Lucas Pires, M. The European Union’s Approach to Artificial Intelligence and the Challenge of Systemic Risk. In H. Sousa Antunes, P. M. Freitas, A. L. Oliveira, C. Martins Pereira, E. Vaz Sequeira, & L. Barreto Xavier (Eds.), Artificial Intelligence, Law and Beyond. Springer Verlag
- Payne, J., & Martins Pereira, C. (2023). The Future of the UK IPO. In I. Chiu, & I. MacNeil (Eds.), Research Handbook on Global Capital Markets Law. Edward Elgar Publishing
- Martins Pereira, C. (2014). Residência e Ausência – Anotação aos Artigos 82.º a 121.º do Código Civil. In C. Fernandes, & B. Proença (Eds.), Comentário ao Código Civil – Parte Geral. UCE
- Sousa Antunes, H., Freitas, P. M., Oliveira, A. L., Martins Pereira, C., Vaz Sequeira, E., & Barreto Xavier, L. (Eds.). Artificial Intelligence, Law and Beyond. Springer Verlag. Manuscript submitted for publication
- Martins Pereira, C. (2020). Unregulated Algorithmic Trading: Testing the Boundaries of the European Union Algorithmic Trading Regime. Journal of Financial Regulation, 6(2), https://doi.org/10.1093/jfr/fjaa008
- Martins Pereira, C. (2016). Reviewing the literature on behavioural economics. Capital Markets Law Journal, 11(3), https://doi.org/10.1093/cmlj/kmw013