|Professor in the Department of Computer Science||MCS 2020||+44 (0) 191 33 44767|
Dorothy Monekosso (PhD) is Professor of Computer Science and Chief Technical Officer (CTO) at More Life UK Ltd. Dorothy holds a PhD (2000) in Spacecraft Engineering, a Master’s in Satellite Engineering from the Surrey Space Centre (University of Surrey) and Bachelor in Electronic Engineering. She began her career in space sector, developing on-board computers and control systems for spacecraft and satellites. Dorothy became interested in Artificial Intelligence during her PhD applying machine learning methods and techniques to spacecraft autonomy. On the basis of this work, she was awarded a Royal Academy of Engineering, Engineering Foresight Award. Her current research applies the same techniques to develop innovative healthcare technologies. In 2020, she was awarded an honorary fellowship of the British Computer Society for work in assistive and rehabilitation technologies.
- Behaviour Analytics
- Digital Twins
- Data analytics: applications of machine learning to decision support systems in health
- Digital health: wearables, assistive and rehabilitation technologies
- Smart Environments & Cities: supporting an aging population live independently
- 2021: BCS - British Computer Society: BCS Fellows Technical Advisory Group (F-TAG) - member
F-TAG aims to explain the opportunities and challenges of emerging technologies, what they mean for the digital industries and for the competitiveness of ‘UK Plc’.
- 2021: Digital Futures Commission: Commissioner at the Digital Futures Commission - a research collaboration of unique organisations that invites innovators, policy makers, regulators, academics and civil society, to unlock digital innovation in the interests of children and young people.
- 2019: CTO, More Life UK Ltd:
- 2019: UKRI - Peer Review College : Future Leaders Fellowships SIFT Panel Member
- Expert Evaluator: R&I Projects Unit, Research Promotion Foundation, Cyprus
Central Finance and Contracting Agency, Riga, Latvia
National Science Centre, Warsaw, Poland
Alzheimer's Association, National Office, U.S.A.
The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research