|Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology||RH-1004|
I earned a Ph.D. in Brain Imaging Engineering in 2016 at Korea University and worked as a postdoctoral fellow at KU Leuven (Belgium) and Johns Hopkins University (USA). I am also a guest scientist at Johns Hopkins and MPI for Intelligente System.
My research goal is to better understand the neural basis of social-affective processing in neurodiverse populations. I use naturalistic neuroimaging (fMRI and EEG) and computational modeling (deep learning and natural language processing). Currently, I focus on investigating social touch (scene) processing in autistic adults.
If you are looking for an academic mentor and interested in social neuroscience and autism research, please get in touch.
- Social Neuroscience (social cognition and empathy)
- Social Touch
- Affect Computing
- Machine Learning
- Miralles, David, Garrofe, Guillem, Pares, Carlota, Gonzalez, Alejandro, Serra, Gerard, Soto, Alberto, Sevillano, Xavier, de Beeck, Hans Op & Masson, Haemy Lee (2022). Multi-modal self-adaptation during object recognition in an artificial cognitive system. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 12(1): 3772.
- Masson, Haemy Lee & Isik, Leyla (2021). Functional selectivity for social interaction perception in the human superior temporal sulcus during natural viewing. NEUROIMAGE 245: 118741.
- Ritchie, J. Brendan, Masson, Haemy Lee, Bracci, Stefania & Op de Beeck, Hans P. (2021). The unreliable influence of multivariate noise normalization on the reliability of neural dissimilarity. NEUROIMAGE 245: 118686.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, de Beeck, Hans Op & Boets, Bart (2020). Reduced task-dependent modulation of functional network architecture for positive versus negative affective touch processing in autism spectrum disorders. NEUROIMAGE 219: 117009.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Pillet, Ineke, Boets, Bart & de Beeck, Hans Op (2020). Task-dependent changes in functional connectivity during the observation of social and non-social touch interaction. CORTEX 125: 73-89.
- Pillet, Ineke, de Beeck, Hans Op & Masson, Haemy Lee (2020). A Comparison of Functional Networks Derived From Representational Similarity, Functional Connectivity, and Univariate Analyses. FRONTIERS IN NEUROSCIENCE 13: 1348.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Pillet, Ineke, Amelynck, Steffie, Van De Plas, Stien, Hendriks, Michelle, Op de Beeck, Hans & Boets, Bart (2019). Intact neural representations of affective meaning of touch but lack of embodied resonance in autism: a multi-voxel pattern analysis study. MOLECULAR AUTISM 10(1): 39.
- Luyck, Kelly, Goode, Travis D., Masson, Haemy Lee & Luyten, Laura (2019). Distinct Activity Patterns of the Human Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis and Amygdala during Fear Learning. NEUROPSYCHOLOGY REVIEW 29(2): 181-185.
- Pegado, Felipe, Hendriks, Michelle H. A., Amelynck, Steffie, Daniels, Nicky, Bulthe, Jessica, Masson, Haemy Lee, Boets, Bart & Op de Beeck, Hans (2018). Neural Representations Behind `Social Norm' Inferences In Humans. SCIENTIFIC REPORTS 8: 12943.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Van de Plas, Stien, Daniels, Nicky & Op de Beeck, Hans (2018). The multidimensional representational space of observed socio-affective touch experiences. NEUROIMAGE 175: 297-314.
- Pegado, Felipe, Hendriks, Michelle H. A., Amelynck, Steffie, Daniels, Nicky, Bulthe, Jessica, Masson, Haemy Lee, Boets, Bart & Op de Beeck, Hans (2018). A Multitude of Neural Representations Behind Multisensory ``Social Norm'' Processing. FRONTIERS IN HUMAN NEUROSCIENCE 12: 153.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Kang, Hyeok-mook, Petit, Laurent & Wallraven, Christian (2018). Neuroanatomical correlates of haptic object processing: combined evidence from tractography and functional neuroimaging. BRAIN STRUCTURE \& FUNCTION 223(2): 619-633.
- Masson, Haemy Lee & Op de Beeck, Hans (2018). Socio-affective touch expression database. PLOS ONE 13(1): e0190921.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Wallraven, Christian & Petit, Laurent (2017). ``Can touch this'': Cross-modal shape categorization performance is associated with microstructural characteristics of white matter association pathways. HUMAN BRAIN MAPPING 38(2): 842-854.
- Masson, Haemy Lee, Bulthe, Jessica, Op de Beeck, Hans P. & Wallraven, Christian (2016). Visual and Haptic Shape Processing in the Human Brain: Unisensory Processing, Multisensory Convergence, and Top-Down Influences. CEREBRAL CORTEX 26(8): 3402-3412.