|Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science||MCS 1031|
Jingyun Wang joined the CS department of Durham University in September 2020. She is a member of Artificial Intelligence and Human Systems Group (AIHS) and a member of Pedagogical Innovation in Computer Science Group(PICS). She is also a core academic member of Centre For Neurodiversity & Development. Before that, she was an Assistant Professor (2014-2020) at the Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University, Japan. Her current research focuses on ontology, visualization learning support systems, meaningful learning environments, personalized language learning support systems, game-based learning, computational thinking education, data science, learning analytics, and AI_based learning support.
- AI_based feedback
- Knowledge representation
- Learning analytics
- Computational thinking education
- Visualization learning support system
- Game-based learning
- Ontology technique
- Special educational needs support
Chapter in book
- Wynn, Adam & Wang, Jingyun (2023). BETTER: An Automatic feedBack systEm for supporTing emoTional spEech tRaining. In Artificial Intelligence in Education. 13916: 746.
- Wynn, Adam T., Wang, Jingyun, Umezawa, Kaoru & Cristea, Alexandra I. (2022). An AI-Based Feedback Visualisation System for Speech Training. In Artificial Intelligence in Education. Posters and Late Breaking Results, Workshops and Tutorials, Industry and Innovation Tracks, Practitioners’ and Doctoral Consortium. Mercedes Rodrigo, Maria, Matsuda, Noburu, Cristea, Alexandra I. & Dimitrova, Vania Cham: Springer. 13356: 510-514.
- Wang, Jingyun, Hodgson, Ryan & Cristea, Alexandra I. (2022). MEMORABLE: A Multi-playEr custoMisable seriOus Game fRAmework for cyBer-security LEarning. In Intelligent Tutoring Systems. Crossley, Scott & Popescu, Elvira Cham: Springer. 13284: 313-322.
- Wang, Jingyun & Ogata, Hiroaki (2021). An Evaluation of a Meaningful Discovery Learning Support System for Supporting E-book User in Pair Learning. In Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS 2021). Springer. 12677: 107-111.
- Wang, Jingyun, Chao, Ching-ju & Liu, Likun (2020). The Learning Behaviors Analysis in a Language Learning Support System – A Pilot Study. In HCI International 2020 - Posters. 1225: 349.
- Wang, Jingyun (2019). Ontology Technique and Meaningful Learning Support Environments. In Learning Technologies for Transforming Large-Scale Teaching, Learning, and Assessment. Sampson, Demetrios Spector, J. Michael Ifenthaler, Dirk Isaías, Pedro & Sergis, Stylianos Springer. 215-229.
- Tamura, Kaori, Lu, Min, Konomi, Shin’ichi, Hatano, Kohei, Inaba, Miyuki, Oi, Misato, Okamoto, Tsuyoshi, Okubo, Fumiya, Shimada, Atsushi, Wang, Jingyun, Yamada, Masanori & Yamada, Yuki (2019). Integrating Multimodal Learning Analytics and Inclusive Learning Support Systems for People of All Ages. In Cross-Cultural Design. Culture and Society. 11577: 469.
- Konomi, Shin’ichi, Hatano, Kohei, Inaba, Miyuki, Oi, Misato, Okamoto, Tsuyoshi, Okubo, Fumiya, Shimada, Atsushi, Wang, Jingyun, Yamada, Masanori & Yamada, Yuki (2018). Towards Supporting Multigenerational Co-creation and Social Activities: Extending Learning Analytics Platforms and Beyond. In Distributed, Ambient and Pervasive Interactions: Technologies and Contexts. 10922: 82.
- Ogata, Hiroaki, Oi, Misato, Mohri, Kousuke, Okubo, Fumiya, Shimada, Atsushi, Yamada, Masanori, Wang, Jingyun & Hirokawa, Sachio (2017). Learning Analytics for E-Book-Based Educational Big Data in Higher Education. In Smart Sensors at the IoT Frontier. Yasuura, Hiroto, Kyung, Chong-Min, Liu, Yongpan & Lin, Youn-Long Cham: Springer. 327-350.
- Nagai, Takashi, Klem, Strahinja, Kayama, Mizue, Asuke, Takehiko, Meccawy, Maram, Wang, Jingyun, Cristea, Alexandra I., Stewart, Craig D. & Shi, Lei (2023), PICA-PICA: Exploring a Customisable Smart STEAM Educational Approach via a Smooth Combination of Programming, Engineering and Art, 2023 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON). Kuwait, IEEE.
- Hodgson, Ryan, Wang, Jingyun Wang, Cristea, Alexandra, Matsuzaki, Fumiko & Kubota, Hiroyuki (2022), A Topic-Centric Crowdsourced Assisted Biomedical Literature Review Framework for Academics, in Mitrovic, Antonija & Bosch, Nigel eds, 15th International Conference on Educational Data Mining. Durham, England, International Educational Data Mining Society, 652-656.
- Hodgson, Ryan, Wang, Jingyun, Cristea, Alexandra I. & Graham, John (2022), Hybrid Weighted Retrieval of Twitter Users for Temporally Relevant Full-Text Querying in the Media Industry, 2022 13th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics Winter (IIAI-AAI-Winter). Phuket, Thailand, IEEE.
- Na Nongkhai, Lalita, Wang, Jingyun & Mendori, Takahiko (2021), A Framework of Exercise Recommendation for Novice Learners in Computer Programming, in Mercedes, Maria, Rodrigo, T., Iyer, Sridhar & Mitrovic, Antonija eds, II: ICCE 2021: The 29th International Conference on Computers in Education. Online, Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE), 746-749.
- Wang, Jingyun & Yamada, Yuki (2020), What Should be Considered in Group Formation for Open-end Tasks?, International Conference on Learning Technologies and Learning Environments (LTLE) 2020. Online, International Institute of Applied Informatics.
- Valente, Andrea Marchetti, Emaneuala & Wang, Jingyun (2020), Design of an educational multimedia library to teach Python to non-technical university students, International Conference on Learning Technologies and Learning Environments (LTLE) 2020. Online, International Institute of Applied Informatics.
- Wang, Jingyun & Kojima, Kentaro (2018), Exploring an Approach for Grouping through Predicting Group Performance from Analysis of Learner Characteristics, 2018 7th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI). 288.
- Kaneko, Kosuke & Wang, Jingyun (2018), Behavior Analysis of Learning Methods to Overcome Stress or Pressure on Learning Situation, 2018 7th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI). 256.
- Wang, Jingyun, Flanagan, Brendan & Ogata, Hiroaki (2017), Semi-automatic Construction of Ontology Based on Data Mining Technique, 2017 6th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI). 511.
- Wang, Jingyun, Ogata, Hiroaki & Shimada, Atsushi (2017), A meaningful discovery learning environment for e-book learners, 2017 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON). 1158.
- Wang, Jingyun, Ho, Hong-Fa & Ono, Yuichi (2016), Enhancing Personalized Feedback System by Visual Biometric Data Analysis, 2016 5th IIAI International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics (IIAI-AAI). 410.
- (2019). E-book learner behaviors difference under two meaningful learning support environments. the 27th International Conference on Computers in Education(ICCE 2019), Taiwan.
- Chen, Yanling, Fu, Weiwei & Wang, Jingyun (2022). Evaluation and Influencing Factors of China’s Agricultural Productivity from the Perspective of Environmental Constraints. Sustainability 14(5): 2807.
- Wang, Jingyun, Hwang, Gwo-Haur & Chang, Ching-Yi (2021). Directions of the 100 most cited chatbot-related human behavior research: A review of academic publications. Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence 2: 100023.
- Wang, Jingyun, Shimada, Atsushi, Oi, Misato, Ogata, Hiroaki & Tabata, Yoshiyuki (2020). Development and evaluation of a visualization system to support meaningful e-book learning. Interactive Learning Environments 1-18.
- Jingyun, Wang & Kentaro, Kojima (2019). Exploring heterogeneous grouping strategies from the learning analytic perspective. International Journal of Learning Technologies and Learning Environments 2(2): 21-34.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Hoel, Tore (2018). Strategies for Multimedia Learning Object Recommendation in a Language Learning Support System: Verbal Learners Vs. Visual Learners. International Journal of Human–Computer Interaction 35(4-5): 345.
- Wang, Jingyun, Ogata, Hiroaki & Shimada, Atsushi (2016). A Knowledge Comparison Environment for Supporting Meaningful Learning of E-Book Users. Systems 4(2): 21.
- Wang, Jingyun & Mendori, Takahiko (2015). The Reliability and Validity of Felder- Silverman Index of Learning Styles in Mandarin Version. Information Engineering Express 1(3): 1-8.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Xiong, Juan (2014). A language learning support system using course-centered ontology and its evaluation. Computers & Education 78: 278.
- Wang, Jingyun, Mendori, Takahiko & Xiong, Juan (2013). A Customizable Language Learning Support System Using Ontology-Driven Engine. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies 11(4): 81-96.