Dr Kodili Henry Chukwuma
Assistant Professor in International Security
PhD (University of East Anglia)
|Assistant Professor in International Security in the School of Government and International Affairs|
Kodili Henry Chukwuma is an Assistant Professor of International Security. Kodili's PhD was awarded by the University of East Anglia in 2022, following which he joined the School of Government and International Affairs in Durham University. Kodili's research focuses on the politics of security, terrorism and counter-terrorism. Kodili's research also has a regional focus on Africa, as well as interests in (the politics of) time and space of (in)security. His research has been published in leading journals, including Security Dialogue, Critical Studies on Terrorism, and African Security.
He has won a number of awards, including UEA's Arts and Humanities 'Research Community Award' 2021, UEA's Arts and Humanities 'Best Graduate Article Award' 2020, the University of Ilorin's 'Prestigious Scholar Award' from 2012-2015, the University of Ilorin, department of History and International Studies 'Best Graduating Student Award' (Valedictorian 2015), the 'Research in World History Award' 2013, as well as the Faculty of Arts, at the University of Ilorin, 'Intellectual of the Year Award' 2012.
Current research projects include work on terrorism trials in Nigeria, on postcolonial space(s) and (critical) terrorism studies, and on proscription of terrorist organisations in Nigeria.
To connect with Kodili, you can follow him on Twitter @chukwumakodili, or get in touch via email.
- critical security studies
- critical terrorism studies
- African politics
- Postcolonial theory
- time(s) and space(s) of (in)security
- International Relations Theory
Available for media contact about:
- Terrorism: International Security
- Regional politics: Africa
- Security, territory and boundaries: Politics of space and (in)security
- (2022). Review – The Terrorist Image. E–International Relations
Chapter in book
- Chukwuma, K, & Jarvis, L (2023). Countering violence or ideas? In Routledge Handbook on Radicalisation and Countering Radicalisation. Busher, J. et al (eds) Routledge.
- Chukwuma, K (2023). 9/11 and the politics of counter-terrorism: writing temporality in(to) counter-terrorism rhetoric and discourse in Nigeria. In 9/11 Twenty Years On Critical Perspectives. Jackson, L, Jarvis, L & Toros, H Routledge. 132.
- Chukwuma, Kodili Henry (2022). Archiving as embodied research and security practice. Security Dialogue 096701062210759.
- Chukwuma, Kodili Henry (2022). Critical terrorism studies and postcolonialism: constructing ungoverned spaces in counter-terrorism discourse in Nigeria. Critical Studies on Terrorism 15(2): 399.
- Chukwuma, Kodili Henry (2021). 9/11 and the politics of counter-terrorism: writing temporality in(to) counter-terrorism rhetoric and discourse in Nigeria. Critical Studies on Terrorism 14(4): 421.
- Chukwuma, Kodili Henry (2020). Constructing the Herder–Farmer Conflict as (in)Security in Nigeria. African Security 13(1): 54.
- (2020). Fieldwork and the Coronavirus Pandemic.