Dr Lisong Yang
|Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry|
I am a physicist by training. I obtained my PhD degree in Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics (SIOFM), Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), China, with expertise in confocal scanning microscopy, optical interferometry and ultrafast laser spectroscopy. My research was guided towards complex fluids and substrates in the Bain group, developing techniques on characterising dynamic properties of complex fluid and its interactions with the substrate. We are focussing on the fundamental understanding and the control of droplet behaviour in formation, spreading and drying on a solid or penetration on a porous material.
I am now a named researcher funded by P&G contributing 50% of my time on developing tools to study mass transport of the complex organic soil inside fabrics, i.e. deposition and removal of the soil.
I am also working in a team as a Co-PI with the lead scientists in Cambridge, Durham and Warwick on the development of strategies for the formation of porous materials via precise liquid dispensing techniques for new gas sensors.
- Functional Materials (Complex Fluids and Substrates)
- Mass Transport and Interfaces
- Optical Microscopy and Spectroscopy
- Precise Liquid Dispensing and Manufacturing
- Li, Wang, Sun, Ke, Yang, Lisong, Mao, Xi, Deng, Shuai, Jiang, Hui, Gu, Pan, Cao, Bowen, Li, Wen, Yi, Mingdong, Bain, Colin D., Deng, Renhua & Zhu, Jintao (2023). In Situ Self‐Assembly of Nanoscale Particles into Macroscale Ordered Monolayers with Enhanced Memory Performance. Small 29(11): 2207468.
- D'Ambrosio, H. M., Colosimo, T., Duffy, B. R., Wilson, S. K., Yang, L., Bain, C. D. & Walker, D. E. (2021). Evaporation of a thin droplet in a shallow well: theory and experiment. Journal of Fluid Mechanics 927: A43.
- Pahlavan, Amir A., Yang, Lisong, Bain, Colin D. & Stone, Howard A. (2021). Evaporation of Binary-Mixture Liquid Droplets: The Formation of Picoliter Pancakelike Shapes. Physical Review Letters 127(2): 024501.
- Shi, Jing, Yang, Lisong & Bain, Colin D. (2021). Wetting and Drying of Aqueous Droplets Containing Nonionic Surfactants CnEm. Langmuir 37(14): 4091-4101.
- Hu, Guohua, Yang, Lisong, Yang, Zongyin, Wang, Yubo, Jin, Xinxin, Dai, Jie, Wu, Qing, Liu, Shouhu, Zhu, Xiaoxi, Wang, Xiaoshan, Wu, Tien-Chun, Howe, Richard C. T., Albrow-Owen, Tom, Ng, Leonard W. T., Yang, Qing, Occhipinti, Luigi G., Woodward, Robert I., Kelleher, Edmund J. R., Sun, Zhipei, Huang, Xiao, Zhang, Meng, Bain, Colin D. & Hasan, Tawfique (2020). A general ink formulation of 2d crystals for 1 wafer-scale inkjet printing. Science Advances 6(33): eaba5029.
- Deng, Renhua, Wang, Yilin, Yang, Lisong & Bain, Colin D. (2019). In Situ Fabrication of Polymeric Microcapsules by Ink-Jet Printing of Emulsions. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11(43): 40652-40661.
- Wang, Yilin, Deng, Renhua, Yang, Lisong & Bain, Colin D. (2019). Fabrication of monolayers of uniform polymeric particles by inkjet printing of monodisperse emulsions produced by microfluidics. Lab on a Chip 19(18): 3077-3085.
- Shi, Jing, Yang, Lisong & Bain, Colin D. (2019). Drying of ethanol/water droplets containing silica nanoparticles. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 11(15): 4275-14285.
- Yang, Lisong, Kapur, Nik, Wang, Yiwei, Fiesser, Fritz, Bierbrauer, Frank, Wilson, Mark C.T., Sabey, Tim & Bain, Colin D. (2018). Drop-on-demand satellite-free drop formation for precision fluid delivery. Chemical Engineering Science 186: 102-115.
- Deng, Renhua, Yang, Lisong & Bain, Colin D. (2018). Combining Inkjet Printing with Emulsion Solvent Evaporation to Pattern Polymeric Particles. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 10(15): 12317-12322.
- Talbot, Emma L., Yow, Huai N., Yang, Lisong, Berson, Arganthaël, Biggs, Simon R. & Bain, Colin D. (2015). Printing Small Dots from Large Drops. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 7(6): 3782-3790.
- Yang, Lisong, Kazmierski, Bethany K., Hoath, Stephen D., Jung, Sungjune, Hsiao, Wen-Kai, Wang, Yiwei, Berson, Arganthaël, Harlen, Oliver, Kapur, Nik & Bain, Colin D. (2014). Determination of dynamic surface tension and viscosity of non-Newtonian fluids from drop oscillations. Physics of Fluids 26(11): 113103.
- Talbot, E.L., Yang, L., Berson, A. & Bain, C.D. (2014). Control of the Particle Distribution in Inkjet Printing through an Evaporation-Driven Sol-Gel Transition. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 6(12): 9572-9583.