|Assistant Professor in the Department of Classics and Ancient History||111, 37 North Bailey||+44 (0) 191 33 47044|
|Member of the Institute of Medieval and Early Modern Studies|
I'm interested in working with doctoral researchers on any of the following topics:
- ancient Greek tragedy, satyr play and comedy in the Classical period (c.500 - 323 BCE) and their contexts
- Plato, Aristotle, and theories of performance
- musical and non-dramatic performance in the ancient Mediterranean
- the reception of Greek drama in the early modern period
- the reception of Greek drama in the 20th and 21st centuries
- Greek tragedy
- Greek drama in the Classical period (c.500-323 BCE)
- Ancient Greek choral performance
- Ancient Greek literature
- Classical Receptions of the 21st century
- Theatre history
- Jackson, Lucy C. M. M. (2019). The Chorus of Drama in the Fourth Century BCE. Presence and Representation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Jackson, Lucy C. M. M. (2019). The Brill Companions to the Reception of Aeschylus and Sophocles. Translation and Literature, 28 317-323.
- Jackson, Lucy. C. M. M. (2015). Dancing in the Streets. A History of Collective Joy. Group: Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society, 39.4 367-70.
- Jackson, Lucy C. M. M. (2012). The Ancient Dancer in the Modern World. Journal of Hellenic Studies 296-7.
Chapter in book
- Crawforth, Hannah & Jackson, Lucy C. MM. (2019). Greek Tragedy on the University Stage: Buchanan and Euripides. In Gathering Force: Early Modern British Literature in Transition, 1557–1623. Poole, K. & Shohet, L. Cambridge University Press. 340-355
- Jackson, Lucy C. M. M. (2018). Knowledge Exchange and Classical Outreach. In Forward with Classics Classical Languages in Schools and Communities. Musié, M., Holmes-Henderson, A., Hunt, S. & Searle, E. Bloomsbury. 33-36.
- Jackson, Lucy C. M. M. (2016). Greater than logos? Kinaesthetic Empathy and the Chorus in Plato’s Laws. In Emotion and Persuasion in Classical Antiquity. Sanders, E. & Johncock, M. Franz Steiner Verlag. 147-161.