|Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology||L16||+44 (0) 191 33 43238|
I am a social psychologist whose work focusses on topics related to intergroup relations. I am very interested in what factors and processes shape how we respond to people we feel do not belong to "us".
I joined Durham in October 2020.
- Intergroup Contact
Chapter in book
- Wagner, U., Kotzur, P. F. & Friehs, M.-T. (Published). Anti-immigrant prejudice and discrimination in Europe. In Routledge handbook of prejudice, stereotyping, and discrimination. Tileaga, C., Augoustinos, M. & Durrheim, K. London, UK: Routledge.
- Kauff, M., Beneda, M., Paolini, S., Bilewicz, M., Kotzur, P. F., O'Donnell, A. W., Stevenson, C., Wagner, U. & Christ, O. (2021). How do we get people into contact? Predictors of intergroup contact and drivers of contact seeking. Journal of Social Issues 77(1): 38-63.
- van Zalk, M. H. W., Kotzur, P. F., Schmid, K., Al Ramiah, A. & Hewstone, M. (2021). Adolescent development of interethnic attitudes following a social intervention to increase intergroup contact: The moderating role of affective forecasting. Developmental Psychology 57(6): 1000-1017.
- Kotzur, P. F. & Wagner, U. (2021). The dynamic relationship between contact opportunities, positive and negative intergroup contact, and prejudice: A longitudinal investigation. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 120(2): 418-442.
- Wagner, U., Tachtsoglou, S., Kotzur, P. F., Friehs, M.-T. & Kemmesies, U. (2020). Proportion of foreigners negatively predicts the prevalence of xenophobic hate crimes within German districts. Social Psychology Quarterly 83(2): 195-205.
- Kotzur, P. F., Veit, S., Namyslo, A., Holthausen, M.‐A., Wagner, U. & Yemane, R. (2020). ‘Society thinks they are cold and/or incompetent, but I do not’ Stereotype content ratings depend on instructions and the social group's location in the stereotype content space. British Journal of Social Psychology 59(4): 1018-1042.
- Kotzur, P. F., Schäfer, S. J. & Wagner, U. (2019). Meeting a nice asylum seeker: Intergroup contact changes stereotype content perceptions and associated emotional prejudices, and encourages solidarity‐based collective action intentions. British Journal of Social Psychology 58(3): 668-690.
- Kotzur, P. F., Friehs, M.‐T., Asbrock, F. & Zalk, M. H. W. (2019). Stereotype content of refugee subgroups in Germany. European Journal of Social Psychology 49(7): 1344-1358.
- Kotzur, P. F., Tropp, L. R. & Wagner, U. (2018). Welcoming the unwelcome: How contact shapes contexts of reception for new immigrants in Germany and the United States. Journal of Social Issues 74(4): 812-832.
- Kotzur, P. F., Forsbach, N. & Wagner, U. (2017). Choose your words wisely: Stereotypes, emotions, and action tendencies toward fled people as a function of the group label. Social Psychology 48(4): 226-241.
- Kotzur, P. F., Torres, C. V., Kedzior, K. K. & Boehnke, K. (2017). Political consumer behaviour among university students in Brazil and Germany: The role of contextual features and core political values. International Journal of Psychology 52(2): 126-135.