|Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science||MCS 1034||+44 (0) 191 33 47346|
Dr Suncica Hadzidedic has worked as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science since 2019. She has a PhD in Computer Science (University of Warwick, UK), MSc in IT Management (Binary University, Malaysia) and BSc in Information Systems (University Sarajevo School of Science and Technology, B&H; University of Buckingham, UK).
Suncica briefly joined the Erasmus+ project e-VIVA "Enhancing and Validating servIce related competences in Versatile learning environments in Western BAlkan Universities" in 2019. She is currently a member of:
- EU COST Action VascAgeNet - Network for Research in Vascular Aging (Working Group 4: Big data approaches for research studies)
- Knowledge Graphs Interest Group at the Alan Turing Institute
- Bias in AI group at DU
- See also DUWiT – DU Women in Tech.
Due to her secondary education in natural sciences and affinities for art, spirituality and understanding human behaviour, her research interests bridge computer science with healthcare, psychology and design. She is particularly interested in human-computer interaction, affective computing and recommender systems (see the complete list below), and their applications to wellbeing, healthcare, music, fashion. For example, Suncica collaborated with a Bosnian cancer association in 2014-2017 to develop PORT.org.ba, a real-life cancer website providing affect-aware content recommendations and user interface adaptation. She is currently exploring positive computing frameworks for wellbeing apps and bias in recommender systems.
- Human-computer interaction
- Recommender systems
- Interactive intelligent systems
- Affective computing
- Responsible AI (bias, ethics, explainability, privacy, positive computing)
- Application domains of interest include: psychology (wellbeing, affect, consciousness), spirituality (meditation, self-awareness, mindfulness), healthcare (mental health, cancer, cognitive impairment), fashion, music, learning environments
- Innovative Computing
Chapter in book
- Oladejo, Babatunde Kazeem, Hadžidedić, Sunčica & Ganić, Emir (2021). Finding Records in Social Media: A Natural Language Processing Fundamentals Exploration. In Mediterranean Forum – Data Science Conference. Hasic Telalovic, Jasminka & Kantardzic, Muhamed Springer, Cham. 1343: 151-164.
- Shi, L. Cristea, A. I. & Hadzidedic, S. (2014). Multifaceted open social learner modelling. In Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2014, 13th International Conference, Tallinn, Estonia, August 14-17, 2014, Proceedings. Popescu. Elvira Lau, Rynson W. H. Pata, Kai Leung, Howard & Mart, Laanpere Cham: Springer. 8613: 32-42.
- Shi, L., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic, S. & Dervishalidovic, N. (2014). Contextual Gamification of Social Interaction – Towards Increasing Motivation in Social E-learning. In Advances in Web-Based Learning – ICWL 2014. 8613: 116.
- Kutner, David C. & Hadžidedić, Sunčica (2022), Vibration-based communication for deafblind people, 2022 IEEE Haptics Symposium (HAPTICS). Santa Barbara, CA, IEEE.
- Ramic-Brkic, B, Balik, A, Pistoljevic, N & Hadzidedic, S. (2019), Web Tool for Creating Educational/Therapeutic Programmes, 11th International Conference on Virtual Worlds and Games for Serious Applications. Vienna, Austria.
- Al Qudah, Dana A., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S., Al-Saqqa, Samar, Rodan, Ali & Yang, Wei (2015), Personalized E-Advertisement and Experience: Recommending User Targeted Ads, IEEE 12th International Conference on e-Business Engineering. Greenbelt, MD, USA, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, 56.
- Al Qudah, Dana A., Cristea, A.I., Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S., Al-Saqqa, Samar & Al-Sayyad, Rizik M. H. (2015), A Taxonomy-Based Evaluation of Personalized E-Advertisement, IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology; Ubiquitous Computing and Communications; Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing; Pervasive Intelligence and Computing. 395.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A.I. (2015), What do people affected by cancer talk about online? Text analysis of online cancer community usage in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Fifth International Conference on Social Medial Technologies, Communication and Informatics (SOTICS). Barcelona, Spain.
- Shi, L, Cristea, AI & Hadzidedic, S (2014), The Critical Role of Profiles in Social E-Learning Design, 15th Annual Conference on Information Technology Education (SIGITE). Atlanta, Georgia, US.
- Hadzidedic, S, Dervishalidovic, N, Pandzo, A & Ramic-Brkic, B (2013), Use of Student Response Systems in Higher Education in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Recent Advances in Information Systems, Proceedings of the 7th European Computing Conference, WSEAS. Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Hadžidedić, Sunčica (2022). User perceptions and use of authentication methods: Insights from youth in Mexico and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Information and Computer Security
- Oladejo, Babatunde & Hadžidedić, Sunčica (2021). Electronic records management – a state of the art review. Records Management Journal 31(1): 74-88.
- Begic, Edin, Hadzidedic, Suncica, Obradovic, Slobodan, Begic, Zijo & Causevic, Mirsada (2020). Increased Levels of Coagulation Factor XI in Plasma Are Related to Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosis. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 77(1): 375-386.
- Begic, Edin, Hadzidedic, Suncica, Kulaglic, Ajla, Ramic-Brkic, Belma, Begic, Zijo & Causevic, Mirsada (2019). SOMAscan-based proteomic measurements of plasma brain natriuretic peptide are decreased in mild cognitive impairment and in Alzheimer's dementia patients. PLOS ONE 14(2): e0212261.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A. I. (2017). Do personalisation and emotions affect the use of cancer-related websites? Online Information Review 41(1): 102-118.
- Hadzidedic Bazdarevic, S. & Cristea, A.I. (2015). How emotions stimulate people affected by cancer to use personalised health websites. Knowledge Management & E-learning: An International Journal 7(4): 658-676.