|Associate Professor, Probability in the Department of Mathematical Sciences||MCS3025|
I am interested in probability theory and statistical mechanics, in particular the dimer model, the six vertex model and alternating sign matrices. Recently, I have been studying the rough-smooth transition, a transition between exponential and polynomial decay of correlations, which appears naturally in the two-periodic Aztec diamond. More recently, I have been looking at fluctuations appearing frozen-unfrozen interface in the alternating sign matrices.
More recently, I have been studying the so-called liquid-gas transition which naturally appears for domino tilings of the two-periodic Aztec diamond.
- Statistical mechanics and probability
- Probability & Statistics: Probability
- Probability and Statistics
- 2020: Dimers and Interaction(£770628.00 from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
- 2019: PiNE: Probability In the North East(£988.09 from The London Mathematical Society)
- 2018: Probability in the North East (PiNE) 2018/19(£1500.00 from The London Mathematical Society)
- Beffara, Vincent, Chhita, Sunil & Johansson, Kurt (2022). Local geometry of the rough-smooth interface in the two-periodic Aztec diamond. Annals of Applied Probability 32(2): 974-1017.
- Ayyer, Arvind, Chhita, Sunil & Johansson, Kurt (2022). GOE fluctuations for the maximum of the top path in alternating sign matrices. Duke Mathematical Journal
- Ayyer, Arvind & Chhita, Sunil (2021). Correlations in totally symmetric self-complementary plane partitions. Transactions of the London Mathematical Society 8(1): 493-526.
- Chhita, Sunil & Toninelli, Fabio Lucio (2021). The domino shuffling algorithm and Anisotropic KPZ stochastic growth. Annales Henri Lebesgue 4: 1005-1034.
- Chhita, Sunil, Ferrari, Patrik & Toninelli, Fabio (2019). Speed and fluctuations for some driven dimer models. Annales de l’institute Henri Poincaré D 6(4): 489-532.
- Chhita, Sunil & Toninelli, Fabio Lucio (2019). A (2 + 1)-dimensional anisotropic KPZ growth model with a smooth phase. Communications in Mathematical Physics 367(2): 483-516.
- Beffara, Vincent, Chhita, Sunil & Johansson, Kurt (2018). Airy Point Process at the liquid-gas boundary. Annals of Probability 46(5): 2973-3013.
- Chhita, Sunil, Ferrari, Patrik L. & Spohn, Herbert (2018). Limit distributions for KPZ growth models with spatially homogeneous random initial conditions. The Annals of Applied Probability 28(3): 1573-1603.
- Chhita, Sunil & Ferrari, Patrik L. (2017). A combinatorial identity for the speed of growth in an anisotropic KPZ model. Annales de l’Institut Henri Poincaré D 4(4): 453-477.
- Chhita, Sunil & Johansson, Kurt (2016). Domino statistics of the two-periodic Aztec diamond. Advances in Mathematics 294: 37-149.
- Chhita, Sunil, Johansson, Kurt & Young, Benjamin (2015). Asymptotic domino statistics in the Aztec diamond. The Annals of Applied Probability 25(3): 1232-1278.
- Adler, Mark, Chhita, Sunil, Johansson, Kurt & van Moerbeke, Pierre (2015). Tacnode GUE-minor processes and double Aztec Diamonds. Probability Theory and Related Fields 162(1): 275-325.
- Chhita, Sunil & Young, Benjamin (2014). Coupling functions for domino tilings of Aztec diamonds. Advances in Mathematics 259: 173-251.
- Chhita, Sunil (2012). The Height Fluctuations of an Off-Critical Dimer Model on the Square Grid. Journal of Statistical Physics 148(1): 67-88.