|Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science||MCS 2008||+44 (0) 191 33 44504|
I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Durham University, UK. Before this, I worked as a Postdoc in the College of Information and Computer Sciences at University of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA. I received my PhD from the department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Waterloo, Canada, in November 2019. I obtained my Bachelors and Masters degrees in Egineering from Osmania University and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, respectively. My research focuses on performance modeling and analysis of communication networks with applications to Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Datacenters, Sensor networks, and Quantum networking.
I am looking for self-motivated PhD students. Please contact me if you are interested in working with me on my current research topics.
- NESTiD: Network Engineering, Science and Theory in Durham
- ACiD: Algorithms and Complexity in Durham
- Performance modeling and analysis of communication networks
- Applied probability and queueing theory
- Quantum networking
- Internet of Things
- Sequential analysis and changepoint detection
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah & Towsley, Don (2022), A throughput optimal scheduling policy for a quantum switch, in Hemmer, Philip R. & Migdall, Alan L. eds, Proceedings of SPIE 12015: Quantum Computing, Communication, and Simulation II. San Fransisco, SPIE, 1201505.
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah, Towsley, Don & Veeravalli, Venugopal V. (2021), Quickest Change Detection in the Presence of Transient Adversarial Attacks, 2021 55th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS). 1-6.
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah & Mazumdar, Ravi R. (2019), Fluctuations Around the Mean-Field for a Large Scale Erlang Loss System Under the SQ(d) Load Balancing, 2019 31st International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 31). 1-9.
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah & Mazumdar, Ravi R. (2018), On Occupancy Based Randomized Routing Schemes in Large Systems of Shared Servers, 01: 2018 30th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 30). 28-36.
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah, Mukhopadhyay, Arpan & Mazumdar, Ravi R. (2017), Mean-Field Analysis of Loss Models with Mixed-Erlang Distributions under Power-of-d Routing, 1: 2017 29th International Teletraffic Congress (ITC 29). 250-258.
- Panigrahy, Nitish K., Vasantam, Thirupathaiah, Basu, Prithwish, Towsley, Don, Swami, Ananthram & Leung, Kin K. (2022). On the Analysis and Evaluation of Proximity Based Load Balancing Policies. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Performance Evaluation of Computing Systems
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah & Mazumdar, Ravi R. (2021). Sensitivity of mean-field fluctuations in Erlang loss models with randomized routing. Journal of Applied Probability 58(2): 428–448.
- Vasantam, Thirupathaiah, Mukhopadhyay, Arpan & Mazumdar, Ravi R. (2019). Insensitivity of the mean field limit of loss systems under SQ(d) routeing. Advances in Applied Probability 51(4): 1027–1066.
- Thirupathaiah Vasantam, Arpan Mukhopadhyay & Ravi R. Mazumdar (2018). The mean-field behavior of processor sharing systems with general job lengths under the SQ(d) policy. Performance Evaluation 127-128: 120-153.
- Thirupathaiah Vasantam & Don Towsley (2021). Stability Analysis of a Quantum Network with Max-Weight Scheduling.
- Nitish K. Panigrahy, Thirupathaiah Vasantam, Prithwish Basu & Don Towsley (2020). Proximity Based Load Balancing Policies on Graphs: A Simulation Study.