How to find us
The Assessment Centre is located on the ground floor of the Palatine Centre. This building is on the Durham University Lower Mountjoy Site, approximately one mile from the city centre.
If you should find it difficult to locate the Assessment Centre please telephone us. Staff will endeavour to provide you with verbal directions. Upon request, staff can arrange to meet you at the Law School entrance to accompany you through the building.
We look forward to meeting you upon your arrival.
Assessment Centre telephone
+44 (0) 191 334 8114 (or 8115)
The Palatine Centre
Directions if you are travelling by car
- Durham city centre is only two miles from the A1(M).
- Leave the motorway at Junction 62 on the A690 Durham - Sunderland road.
- Follow signs for Durham city centre.
- From the city centre, follow the exit to New Elvet (first left across the river, signposted Coxhoe, Bowburn A177).
- At the third set of traffic lights the road forks. Bear right onto Church Street.
- Follow this narrow road until you reach the next set of traffic lights by the White church café/restaurant.
- Turn left here, keeping the New Inn on your left, onto Stockton Road.
The Palatine Centre is halfway along Stockton Road on your right. It is a large glass and wood fronted building, immediately on the roadside.
- There is 'pay and display' car parking along Stockton Road and in nearby surrounding streets.
- A limited amount of parking is available on campus. Please contact us if you would like to request a visitor permit.
- If you require an accessible parking bay, please contact DUAC reception in advance of your visit and we will be happy to provide further advice and information.
- If you have requested a parking permit, confirmation of this will be emailed to you prior to your assessment appointment. Please bring a copy of this with you. You may be asked to present this as evidence of reservation at the security barrier on the Stockton Road entrance. The Security Attendant will direct you to your allocated parking bay.
- Your assessment will take place in the Assessment Room within the Disability Support Office in The Palatine Centre. You can enter the building via the main entrance next to the Bill Bryson Library, or via the Law School entrance.
Get in touch
For general enquiries, or to book an assessment appointment, please contact the Assessment Centre.
Where to find us
Durham University Assessment Centre
The Palatine Centre
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 334 8114