|Assistant Professor in International Relations in the School of Government and International Affairs||IM216, Al-Qasimi Building||+44 (0) 191 33 45665|
|Fellow of Global Policy Institute|
Cameron Harrington is an Assistant Professor of international relations in the School of Government and International Affairs. He is a researcher and analyst of global environmental politics. His research draws from international relations, political philosophy, criminology, and human geography and focuses on the theory and practice of security in the Anthropocene.
He earned his PhD in political science from The University of Western Ontario in 2014. Between 2014-2015 he held the Global Change and Sustainability Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Cape Town and was an affiliate researcher with WWF-South Africa. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the International Centre for Comparative Criminology, University of Montreal in 2016. Dr. Harrington is also appointed as a Research Associate (non-resident) in the Global Risk Governance Programme, University of Cape Town.
- IR Theory
- Global Environmental Politics
- Critical security studies
- Water Security
- Harrington, Cameron & Shearing, Clifford (2017). Security in the Anthropocene: Reflections on Safety and Care. Bielefeld: Transcript-Verlag.
Chapter in book
- Harrington, C. (2020). A Quantum Anthropocene? International Relations Between Rupture and Entanglement. In Non-Human Nature in World Politics. Castro Pereira, J. & Saramago, A. Springer. 53-73.
- Harrington, Cameron (2017). Posthuman Security and Care in the Anthropocene. In Reflections on the Posthuman in International Relations: The Anthropocene, Security and Ecology. Eroukhmanoff, Clara & Harker, Matt Bristol: E-International Relations. 73-86.
- Holley, Cameron, Shearing, Clifford, Harrington, Cameron, Kennedy, Amanda & Mutongwizo, Tariro (2018). Environmental Security and the Anthropocene: Law, Criminology, and International Relations. Annual Review of Law and Social Science 14: 185-203.
- Lecavalier, Emma & Harrington, Cameron (2017). Entangling carbon lock-in: India’s coal constituency. Crime, Law and Social Change 68(5): 529-546.
- Harrington, Cameron (2017). The political ontology of collaborative water governance. Water International 42(3): 254-270.
- Harrington, Cameron, Lecavalier, Emma & Shearing, Clifford (2017). From passengers to crew: introductory reflections. Crime, Law, and Social Change 68(5): 493-498.
- Harrington, Cameron (2016). The Ends of the World: International Relations and the Anthropocene. Millennium: Journal of International Studies 44(3): 478-498.
- Harrington, Cameron (2015). Toward a critical water security: hydrosolidarity and emancipation. Canadian Foreign Policy Journal 21(1): 28-44.
- Harrington, Cameron & Lecavalier, Emma (2014). The environment and emancipation in critical security studies: the case of the Canadian Arctic. Critical Studies on Security 2(1): 105-119.