|Assistant Professor in the Department of Engineering||E330|
PRIZES AND AWARDS
• Won a scholarship for the Women in Energy Empowerment Programme 2021-2022.
• Awarded an International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship from The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK), to conduct international collaborative research with The University of Manchester, UK, 2019.
• Awarded an Erasmus Staff Training Mobility program award, to visit The University of Manchester, Power and Energy Division, as a Visiting Academic (May, 2019).
• The presentation of my paper at the IEEE International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ICEEE 2018) titled 'Investigation of Grid Supply Harmonic Effects in Wound Rotor Induction Machines', won one of the Best Presentation Prizes of the conference.
• The paper I presented at the International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA 2016) titled 'Implementation of a Conventional DFIG Stator Flux Oriented Control Scheme using Industrial Converters', won the Best Paper Prize of the conference.
• Awarded a Student Bursary Award to attend the International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA 2016) from the UK Magnetics Society.
• Awarded a runner-up prize for the Postgraduate Research (PGR) Poster Conference 2016 in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, The University of Manchester, UK.
• Awarded the Denis Hadfield Award from the UK Magnetics Society for the Best Conference Report, 2015.
• Awarded a Student Bursary to attend the IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC 2015, Idaho, USA) from the UK Magnetics Society.
• Awarded a PhD Scholarship from the Turkish Ministry of Education, 2011.
• Condition monitoring, fault analysis and fault mitigation strategies for renewable energy systems
• Modelling and analysis of electrical systems and machines
• Electrical power systems modelling, analysis and design
• Drive and electric generator systems
• Development and implementation of advanced control strategies for electrical drive and power systems
Chapter in book
- Sarma, N., Tuohy, P. & Djurovic, S. (2022). Condition monitoring of rotating electrical machines. In Reference Module in Materials Science and Materials Engineering. Elsevier.
- Wang, Y. Sarma, N. Mohammed, A. & Djurovic, S. (2020), DFIG current and controller signals’ angular shaft misalignment signature’an experimental case study, 2020 International Conference on Electrical Machines (ICEM). Gothenburg, Sweden, IEEE.
- Tutkun, N. Gegin, K. Sarma, N. & Salam, Z. (2018), Comparison of Typical PV Module Performances Based on the Circuit Models, 2018 IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC). Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, IEEE.
- Sarma, N. Gegin, K. Simsir, M. & Tutkun, N. (2018), Modeling of a Typical Photovoltaic Module using Matlab/Simulink, 2018 2nd International Symposium on Multidisciplinary Studies and Innovative Technologies (ISMSIT). 2018 2nd International Symposium on Multidisciplinary Studies and Innovative Technologies (ISMSIT), IEEE.
- Sarma, N & Tuohy, P. M. (2018), Investigation of grid supply harmonic effects in wound rotor induction machines, 2018 5th International Conference on Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ICEEE). Istanbul, Turkey, IEEE.
- Mohammed, A. Sarma, N. & Djurovic, S. (2017), Fibre optic monitoring of induction machine frame strain as a diagnostic tool, 2017 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC). Miami, FL, USA, IEEE.
- Sarma, N. Mohammed, A. Melecio, J. I. Tshiloz, K. & Djurovic, S. (2016), An experimental study of winding fault induced slot harmonic effects in the cage rotor induction machine stator current, 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2016). Glaskow, UK, IEEE.
- Sarma, N. Li, Q. Djurovic, S. Smith, A. C. & Rowland, S. M. (2016), Analysis of a wound rotor induction machine low frequency vibroacoustic emissions under stator winding fault conditions, 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2016). 10.1049/cp.2016.0335, IEEE.
- Vilchis-Rodriguez, D. S. Djurovic, S. Sarma, N. Tshiloz, K. Smith, A. C. & Wei, Y. (2016), On wound rotor induction machine rotor electrical unbalance recognition using stator frame vibration spectral analysis, 8th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD 2016). Glaskow, UK, IEEE.
- Sarma, N. Apsley, J. M. & Djurovic, S. (2016), Implementation of a conventional DFIG stator flux oriented control scheme using industrial converters, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications (ICRERA). Birmingham, UK, IEEE.
- Sarma, N., Tshiloz, K. Vilchis-Rodriguez, D. S. & Djurovic, S. (2015), Modelling of induction machine time and space harmonic effects in the SIMULINK environment, 2015 IEEE International Electric Machines & Drives Conference (IEMDC). Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA, IEEE.
- Wang, Yingzhao, Đukanović, Slobodan, Sarma, Nur & Djurović, Siniša (2023). Implementation and performance evaluation of controller signal embedded sensorless speed estimation for wind turbine doubly fed induction generators. International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems 148: 108968.
- Tarmanini, Chafak, Sarma, Nur, Gezegin, Cenk & Ozgonenel, Okan (2023). Short term load forecasting based on ARIMA and ANN approaches. Energy Reports 9(Supplement 3): 550-557.
- Sarma, Nur, Tuohy, Paul M., Özgönenel, Okan & Djurović, Siniša (2023). Early life failure modes and downtime analysis of onshore type-III wind turbines in Turkey. Electric Power Systems Research 216: 108956.
- Suryandi, Asep Andi, Sarma, Nur, Mohammed, Anees, Peesapati, Vidyadhar & Djurović, Siniša (2022). Fiber Optic Fiber Bragg Grating Sensing for Monitoring and Testing of Electric Machinery: Current State of the Art and Outlook. Machines 10(11): 1103.
- Benbouzid, M., Berghout, T., Sarma, N., Djurovic, S., Wu, Y. & Ma, X. (2021). Intelligent Condition Monitoring of Wind Power Systems: State of the Art Review. Energies 14(18): 5967.
- Sarma, N. Tuohy, P. M. & Djurovic, S. (2021). Stator Electrical Fault Detection in DFIGs Using Wide-Band Analysis of the Embedded Signals From the Controllers. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 36(2): 800-811.
- Sarma, N. Tuohy, P. M. Mohammed, A. & Djurovic, S. (2021). Rotor Electrical Fault Detection in DFIGs Using Wide-Band Controller Signals. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy 12(1): 623-633.
- Sarma, N. Tuohy, P. M. & Djurovic, S. (2020). Modeling, Analysis, and Validation of Controller Signal Interharmonic Effects in DFIG Drives. IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy 11(2): 713-725.
- Wang, Y. Mohammed, A. Sarma, N. & Djurovic, S. (2020). Double Fed Induction Generator Shaft Misalignment Monitoring by FBG Frame Strain Sensing. IEEE Sensors Journal 20(15): 8541-8551.
- Sarma, N., Tuohy, P. M., Apsley, J. M., Wang, Y. & Djurovic, S. (2018). DFIG stator flux-oriented control scheme execution for test facilities utilising commercial converters. IET Renewable Power Generation
- Tshiloz, K., Vilchis-Rodriguez, D., Djukanovic, S., Sarma, N. & Djurovic, S. (2016). Sensorless speed estimation in wound rotor induction machines by spectral search of the stator phase power signal. IET Electric Power Application