Would you like to help someone in need this Christmas? Help us support three local charities by donating to our Christmas Wish Tree campaign.
You are invited to either donate physical gifts or to make a monetary donation online, providing much-needed support to three local charities. Each charity has provided a wish list of items that would benefit their work. Details of these items will be on the gift tags on our Christmas Wish Tree – simply choose one or more that you’d like to buy!
This year’s charities were chosen by representatives from Durham Students’ Union:
- DASH - an independent charity, providing supported and unsupported accommodation for people who are, or about to become, homeless in County Durham.
- RSACC - offering free confidential counselling and support to survivors who have experienced any form of sexual violence.
- Durham City of Sanctuary - helping refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and County Durham find friends, housing, employment, legal help and education opportunities.
How it works
Donating a physical gift:
- From Monday 28 November, you can pick up one or more gift tags from our Christmas Wish Tree, located opposite the Help and Information Desk in Bill Bryson Library
- Buy and wrap the gift(s) written on the tags, and attach the tag to your gift(s)
- Place your wrapped and tagged gift(s) back under the Christmas Wish Tree by Friday 9 December.
Making a monetary donation:
- Visit the donation pages for our chosen charities this year (see below) or scan the QR codes on our Christmas Wish Tree in Bill Bryson Library. You can choose to support as many of the charities as you like
- Donate an amount of your choice, which will help the charity to provide items from their wish list
- Donations should be made by Friday 9 December