1 March 2022 - 1 March 2022
9:15AM - 1:00PM
Radisson Blu Hotel, Durham Frankland Lane Durham DH1 5TA
The event is focused on tools for offshore wind power asset planning and making robust risk-informed decisions under severe uncertainty.
Researchers at Durham University and ORE Catapult will be hosting a half-day event to showcase their recent research and, with input from attendees, discuss how we might enhance the work further.
We will present our tool for offshore wind power asset planning to make robust risk-informed decisions under severe uncertainty.
In the second half of the event, we will discuss our work, with the aim to elicit feedback from attendees and enable the tool to be tailored to meet the needs of the industry better as we go forward.
The event is ideal for those working in offshore wind (including developers, OFTOs and consultancies) who would like to learn about and feed into the development of a tool to make robust decisions under severe uncertainty.
- Behzad Kazemtabrizi, Associate Professor in Electrical Engineering, Department of Engineering, Durham University.
- Matthias Troffaes, Professor in Probability, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Durham University.
- Simon Hogg, Ørsted Professor in Renewable Energy, Head of the Department of Engineering, Durham University.
- John Nwobu, Senior Research Engineer – Energy Systems, ORE Catapult.
- Henna Bains, Post Doctoral Research Associate, Department of Engineering, Durham University.
- Paul McKeever, Head of Electrical Research, ORE Catapult.
- Simone Stuart-Cole, R&D Partnership Manager, ORE Catapult.