Skip to main content

Fees and Costs to Consider

The costs of visas and other UK entry charges such as the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) to access the National Health Service can be found from the following link to the Home Office.

Durham University sponsors migrants who will hold either a Skilled Worker Visa (formerly Tier 2) or Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa. The university will apply and pay for the Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) which is then passed on to you in order for you to apply for the appropriate visa.

You may be able to apply for the reimbursement of your Skilled Worker Visa (formerly Tier 2) application costs. Please visit the Visa Reimbursement page for more information.

In order to be granted a Skilled Worker Visa (formerly Tier 2), you must meet the English language requirements. For guidance please visit the English Language Requirements Guidance page. Please note the university does not reimburse any costs associated with English Language Tests or NARIC statements.

Disability Confident Employer Logo, Good Work Pledge, Advanced Logo, Race Equality Charter Logo, Athena Swan Bronze Award, EUC Gender Charter Logo,  Armed Forces Covenant, RLW Accreditation