Research and Impact
Guiding the School of Education’s research and impact activity is our vision of a more equitable world in which education, informed by innovative high-quality research, plays a vital role in enabling individuals, communities and societies to flourish.
Our current research strategy has enabled us to undertake research that:
- Positively impacts on regional, national and global policy and practice; and
- Shapes and develops educational research, research methodology and research capacity in the UK and internationally.
Research ClustersOur research expertise so that academic staff and Post Graduate Research (PGR) students are aligned to one or more of six thematic Research Clusters.
Our research expertise so that academic staff and Post Graduate Research (PGR) students are aligned to one or more of six thematic Research Clusters.
A vibrant and inclusive research environment
Key to meeting these objectives has been our focus on maintaining a vibrant, intellectually inclusive research environment, in which staff are passionate about their research and the difference it can make.
Securing prestigious research funding to enable us to pursue boundary-pushing research in a sustainable way; publishing innovative and distinctive high-quality open access outputs; embedding world-leading impact; and developing research collaborations and partnerships within and beyond educationOur Research Clusters
Looking forward, our research and impact goals are to:
- Continue to conduct internationally excellent research which both advances the state-of-the-art and has a positive impact on individuals and organisations
- Create a knowledge-base that provides evidence to facilitate effective decision-making in education, both in terms of policy and practice
- Develop all staff across the full range of research skills and competencies, while ensuring that they continue to work in a flourishing, nurturing research environment; and
- Continue to build a sustainable research environment both in terms of investing in new research centres and in how we link research to teaching, so inspiring our students to become the future architects of an equitable world within the School, academia and beyond.
We are committed to maintaining breadth and excellence across our areas of expertise; with our research expertise centred on six thematic Research Clusters.