How to Apply
You can find out how to apply to the Student Art Prize here - please read the guidelines and submission form carefully before submitting. You may also want to read our FAQs below.
- You must be a registered Durham University student at the time of the submission deadline to be eligible to apply.
- To submit an entry, download the online form, complete it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit up to five digital images of the submitted artwork. Each digital image must be in jpeg format and no larger than 1Mb. Images should be attached to the submission email.
- All submissions must be accompanied by the 200-word interpretation requested in the submission form, clearly linking the artwork to the prize’s theme.
- Only one submission permitted per student.
- You must submit a scan of your Durham University Campus Card with your submission.
- The Art Prize is launched in November each year.
- Applications close February the following year.
- Shortlisting will then take place.
- Easter break - the Art Prize Exhibition showcasing all shortlisted artworks is installed.
- Prize winners are selected by a judging panel.
- Prize winners are announced at a dedicated celebration event in June each year.
The artwork submitted must be available for the duration of the Art Prize Exhibition (physical or digital). You must be prepared for your artwork to be accessioned into the University art collection if you were to be awarded first prize or are the recipient of the ‘People’s Vote’.
Once your application is submitted, the application and/or the artwork cannot be withdrawn.
Students are responsible for the delivery and collection of artworks post-physical exhibition. Any artwork not collected within 14 days of the exhibition closing will be disposed of by the University as it sees fit.
Please contact email@example.com, if you would find another way to apply more accessible, if you need support with completing the submission form or if you have any additional queries about the prize.