We are happy to supply images of items in our collections for reproduction online or in academic and commercial publications.
Permission is granted for publication under the following conditions:
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining necessary copyright consent where applicable. All rates are for non-exclusive one-time only use.
- Subsequent editions and reprints will be charged at 60% of the original cost.
- The appropriate credit line should be reproduced in the publication (this will be supplied at time of approval).
- Materials provided may not be used for any purpose other than that specified above.
- Reproduction fees must be paid at the time that permission is granted.
To obtain permission to publish images supplied to you for research purposes, please complete the Permission to Publish Images Form.
Information on reproduction rates for commercial publications can be obtained by emailing the Collections Assistant.
We collect and process your personal data in order to provide access to the buildings and collections in our care, in line with current legislation and professional standards. Your personal information will not be shared outside Durham University. See also our Summary Privacy Statement.